Super Contributor

Scrolling through silver pieces today and the pricing is very reasonable, and then there is Judith Ripka’s pieces.  Outrageously priced!!!! Really?  Who is paying those prices?

Honored Contributor

@EZ shopper wrote:

Scrolling through silver pieces today and the pricing is very reasonable, and then there is Judith Ripka’s pieces.  Outrageously priced!!!! Really?  Who is paying those prices?

@EZ shopper. I purchased some of her pieces when she started on Q. At that time just silver and gemstones...no glitz w/ Diamonique and huge pieces. If you compare her prices to other lines that are silver/gemstones...they are ridiculous. You’re paying for Ripka name. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Silver pricing today

[ Edited ]

One of my original JR pins...green aventurine stones on sides and hoop for any enhancer.

07AB38C1-2FBB-436A-A621-01837BD1ECEC.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

@EZ shopper, I agree with you.  I have many JR pieces from a few yrs ago.

Now I just find her items overpriced...REALLY overpriced.

Respected Contributor

@EZ shopper wrote:

I never really liked her stuff.  When I was working I’d save up and once every year or two I’d buy a piece of jewelry from our local goldsmith.  

I’m now retired and I don’t spend $ on jewelry much anymore. This winter when we’re stuck inside, I think I’ll sell some of my plain gold pieces purchased from Q back in the day.  Just too much and hardly wear it. Layering chains seems stylish again.

Frequent Contributor

Not to change the subject but another designer, Barbara Bixby, used to be affordable when she first came to QVC but not anymore. I guess if you want a designer piece of jewlery you have to pay for the name.

Respected Contributor

@mjabby I know, I agree. I, too had bought pieces from both of these lines when they started out and I enjoyed them very much. Now although I like BB's styling, I'm simply not willing to pay the prices that are being asked. Ripka's items no longer interest me at all. Not with all the DMQ stuck all over them, that's just not what I want and yes I realize that other people like it so I am speaking only for myself.