Honored Contributor

Re: Scott Grimes and JAI jewelry - interesting observation

What is he supposed to say about sizing?  With large hands he can't relate to your individual problem.  Also, someone else may run his Facebook and Twitter.   Buy an el cheapo ring sizer from Amazon.  Rings with an undergallery fit tighter than rings without.  The band width also matters a bunch.  Cherish the memory of meeting him and try not to be so sensitive.  I'm trying to say that kindly, not harshly.  

Regular Contributor

I messaged him on FB and he answered me the same day.
Honored Contributor

I haven't had a lot of time to get back here and I apologize, but regarding Hawkins jewelry. 

I'll start with the big heavy watch I bought. It was an alloy watch covered with what was/had been a liquid stainless steel.  Once dry it formed a top layer over the alloy. My skin turns anything with an alloy black, and my skin black.  QVC gave me another one and assured me it was solid stainless (I'd have no problem).... and it did the same thing.  I took that one to my jeweler and it is not solid stainless steel even though it is marked such.  I called and wrote to the number provided so I could lodge a complaint and ask about it.  Never could get ahold of him, his office or his people.  I had 3 other pieces that didn't wear like they should and thjey were advertised with true properties, Sterling silver, solid stainless a lot of alloy used with very little precious metal.  My jeweler stated that was my problem, I'd probably never know about the pieces I bought had I not had the allergies to the underlying metal.  Most people don't and they go along very haopy with their jewelry because they never have a reaction or a problem.  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*