Valued Contributor

Scott Grimes and JAI jewelry - interesting observation

Whenever I "like" and comment positively on any of his FB posts, I usually receive a reply or at least a "like"; however, when I make a suggestion, i.e. more than once where are the red garnets, never a reply or "like" to my comment.  Personally I do not like this way of doing business.  I like JAI jewelry and also Mr. Grimes, but if you reply to "likes" why not reply to "suggestions" or "wants"???

Honored Contributor

Re: Scott Grimes and JAI jewelry - interesting observation

That's strange.  It looks like he's only interested in positive comments.

Respected Contributor

He seems to read and reply to many of the comments, whether he's using the John Hardy account, or his two accounts. Maybe Mr. Grimes doesn't have enough time to comment on every post he reads? 

Honored Contributor

Maybe Scott took marketing lessons from Lisa Robertson? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I'm only liking his posts that say this Friday is "35th Annual All-Day Jewelry Extravaganza." I want nothing to do with any of Tammy's revolving door of ten different titles in the last 13 years of this event.

Honored Contributor

That is interesting.   He doesn't seem to like negative comments or suggestions.  I remember a few years back he was actually on here reading comments about a certain jewelry item of his.  He was being slightly defensive about it, then I think the thread was closed or even removed because vendors are not supposed to comment on here.

You know, I have told the story before that I had met him when he was in Alaska as I was staying at the same lodge as him.  He was super nice and I found his personality to be just like he is on TV.   We saw each other often during that week as the lodge was quite small (in Denali).   After returning home my daughter sent him a FB message with a picture of us we had taken together and he never bothered to reply Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

He comes across a arrogant to me.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

JAI jewelry is presented more than any other lines...silver days, general jewelry shows and sometimes during fashions. He should be receptive to any and all comments since he's probably making a fortune here. I'm not on FB, so cannot comment on that.

Is his jewelry sold anywhere else except here?

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

The thing is that unsolicited wants and suggestions posts are at best largely useless (items are planned a year or more in advance and there’s a fast turnover of designs), and at worst they will provoke some kind of discontent by pointing out flaws or what-might-have-beens.

If you give them energy by anything other than a bland form response, you’ll be deluged with one set of people wanting all kinds of highly personal items and enhancements, one set who want old stuff brought back, and another set of people who want to rally complaints about their pet peeve.

You can't make everyone happy and someone's requested tribute to their much loved departed grandmother isn't going to be satisfied, and that person may then lose a degree of positivity. 

Before long, you've lost the focus on the item advertised in the new post. You really don’t want to encourage an outpouring of this on every post. You need to n.i.p it in the bud or not give it oxygen. This is a main reason why so many retailers don't allow comments at all. 

Some of these suggestions may be useful but they are not reliable as market research. For example, I’ve noticed that people always post about wanting crosses on their jewelry but guess what always ends up on clearance? People as a group say one thing and buy another. 

Scott, like other retailers, has asked for suggestions on multiple occasions and this is exactly what happens each time but it’s contained within one managed post.

(Edited for auto word filtering!)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Being perfectly honest, I don't care for him nor, overall, do I care for the Jai line. There are exceptions, but I don't get why QVC pushes this line so hard. If it's successful, fine, but virtually any half way decent line they gave such impetus to would be.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...