Respected Contributor

By chance I stopped at our local jewelry store to look around for possible gift ideas to suggest to DH for my Christmas gift.  I don't buy much jewelry anymore and was looking for something relatively inexpensive.

Wandered up to the estate section and did a double take.  Sitting among the old and used pieces was a lovely bracelet I recognized as being a creation of the local goldsmith who had his own business here and has since retired.  The price was much lower than I'd ever seen on any of this man's pieces when he had his own shop. 

So, couldn't walk away on this one. Jeweler told me he just got it in.  Apparently one other person had already looked at it and was still on the fence.  I didn't need convincing.  

Happy Dance.  Smiley Happy  

Respected Contributor

@Kalli wrote:

By chance I stopped at our local jewelry store to look around for possible gift ideas to suggest to DH for my Christmas gift.  I don't buy much jewelry anymore and was looking for something relatively inexpensive.

Wandered up to the estate section and did a double take.  Sitting among the old and used pieces was a lovely bracelet I recognized as being a creation of the local goldsmith who had his own business here and has since retired.  The price was much lower than I'd ever seen on any of this man's pieces when he had his own shop. 

So, couldn't walk away on this one. Jeweler told me he just got it in.  Apparently one other person had already looked at it and was still on the fence.  I didn't need convincing.  

@Kalli

Congratulations!  cheerleaders.gifcheerleaders.gifcheerleaders.gif

Honored Contributor

@Kalli

Congratulations!

My first stop is always the estate section.

I recently grabbed a 24k gold ring with beautiful gold work, and a 7ct cabachon Heliodor.

Such a steal, felt like I should tuck it in my pocket & sneak out the door with it!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@Kalli wrote:

@Kalli

Congratulations!  cheerleaders.gifcheerleaders.gifcheerleaders.gif

@fortune , thanks!  It was an exciting purchase for me. 😊

Respected Contributor

@Drythe I love estate pieces, too!  

Congrats on your jewelry treasures! I looked up heliodor and that stone is beautiful!  Most of the pictures I saw were faceted but one was a cat’s eye cabachon - lovely!  

Esteemed Contributor

@Kalli  True treasures are found in the estate cases! The designs and stones are far more beautiful. So pleased for your new piece. Congrats and wear it with joy! ETA: For amazing estates pieces check out EraGem on the web. Gorgeous pieces.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

@KalliCongrats on scoring a truly unique piece!  It's always great when you come across something special at an attractive price.  Makes wearing it all the more fun.

@BirkiLadyChecked out that site you mentioned--WOW!  Gorgeous pieces, some even affordable!  Think I'll forward that link to DH, for future reference.  Thanks for the tip!

Respected Contributor

Great, doesn’t feel good to get a real buy?

Esteemed Contributor

@VegasBusinessWomanThey are BBB approved. I've done business with them for years. Plan to sell some of my things in 2019. Glad you enjoyed them, too. Heart

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Picture ! picture !