Trusted Contributor

No, engineer, you're not missing much on HQ these days! Although... they just started a Gem Week and that's definitely my cup of tea.

Thanks for the comments, everyone Smile

Super Contributor
On 1/9/2014 Shogirl said:

I haven't noticed Paul's items as being similar to what's sold on the Q, probably because jewelry shows seem so few and far between anymore.

Here's an example ... 131-497. I could swear this necklace was on QVC at one time.

I still think SNBC has used tapes before ... maybe it was those endless hours of watches, with Jim Skelton? I just remember hearing about taped presentations a few years ago.

Super Contributor
On 1/11/2014 ennui1 said:
On 1/9/2014 Shogirl said:

I haven't noticed Paul's items as being similar to what's sold on the Q, probably because jewelry shows seem so few and far between anymore.

Here's an example ... 131-497. I could swear this necklace was on QVC at one time.

HA!! I was right. J10461

Occasional Contributor

ShopHQ has a FB page that they USED to let you post on and they had a presence there, if you had a problem they would contact you and address it. You could post the good the bad and your opinion. NOW you cannot start a post there .

Occasional Contributor

ShopHQ has a FB page that they USED to let you post on and they had a presence there, if you had a problem they would contact you and address it. You could post the good the bad and your opinion. NOW you cannot start a post there .

Occasional Contributor

Trusted Contributor

I e-mailed shophq and asked about there ""best of hq shows'' they responded they are trying this so they can show more variety of items during regular time slots and not have to repeat presentations

Respected Contributor
On 1/21/2014 willomenia said:

I e-mailed shophq and asked about there "best of hq shows'' they responded they are trying this so they can show more variety of items during regular time slots and not have to repeat presentations

I think it's cost-cutting. Why would anyone do that if they didn't have to? And you know, it's hard for smaller vendors. They were the ones who got their start. And now they have lost air time to bigger vendors. A much-loved host, Shawn Wilsie was given the boot. Now it may have been that he was paid well because he had been there a long time, but he was on mainly during the wee hours.

Valued Contributor
Way back in the days of Value Vision (which pre-dated ShopNBC which pre-dated HQ) Carmela was one of the regular hosts and was on during the day. She lost or changed that position when the station switched to ShopNBC. They always had the most beatiful 18k jewelry. I remember the merchandise and pricing to be far superior to QVC.
Honored Contributor

I have only ever ordered from them 3 times. Once was 7 years ago (around there), once was about 2 months ago and once was today.

I order 2 wigs (which is what I ordered 2 months ago and had to return them) from the same lady.