Honored Contributor

Rubies, what are you thinking, Chuck?

14K gold earrings with six 80 point stones for 1200.00 plus?  I hate to say it, but today's fissure filled rubies are not like the old Burma rubies. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Rubies, what are you thinking, Chuck?

I totally agree. It seems very misleading to keep touting the clarity, the origin etc and not discussing the glass filling of these inferior stones. 

I expected better from Chuck, my mistake.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

14K gold earrings with six 80 point stones for 1200.00 plus?  I hate to say it, but today's fissure filled rubies are not like the old Burma rubies. 

Chuck has always pushed the envelope when he talks about the quality of what he sells. Years ago he was selling diamond jewelry claiming they were SI goods and when I appraised them they were fill of inclusions, carbon spots and probably I2. I never trusted his opinion again.

Honored Contributor

@depglass

Chuck WHO ?

Respected Contributor

This is something I have noticed with watches. Hosts will point out what a great deal it is and tell you that a product was first $$$ when it was introduced. What they fail to mention is that it is a downgraded product. (Swiss to Asian-made for example and sapphire crystals replaced with mineral or some man-made equivalent.) A

Chuck utilizes the same bait-and-switch tactic. I no longer watch him. Years ago, (over a decade ago?) his line was better. At some point, he just couldn't offer what he used to. He still has to sell product, so he's caught. ( don't agree with this practice, btw. It's what is done.)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You can still get gorgeous and high quality Burma rubies by getting a GIA report with them.  Individual jewelers do it for you and some places like Gem Shopping will  sell you rubies with GIA reports.  Gem Shopping has a policy of not offering any glass filled in rubies.  Their prices are quite high, but it's worth it to get clean rubies.  Ihave some beautiful rubies (& sapphires) that came with lab reports.

Honored Contributor

I think Chuck sells junk, the only jewelry I would think of buying from Evine is the Artisan crafted line.

Honored Contributor

Its pretty much hit or miss with Chuck's jewelry.  Just when you're about to give up, you get a hit.  All of the rhodolite I've gotten from him has been brownish.  For some reason, rubies leave me cold, just not interested.  Same with emeralds.   I'm off jewelry buying; Evine's high S&h on jewelry becomes expensive when you get junk and have to keep doing returns. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I think Chuck sells junk, the only jewelry I would think of buying from Evine is the Artisan crafted line.

@blackhole99 wrote:

I totally agree!! His jewlery is very low quality.

Respected Contributor

Chuck Clemency