Frequent Contributor

I love Rose God with Diamonique when I see it on TV/Online and when I first get it as I have several rings and bracelets in rose gold.  But, within a few days, it starts to get dull of the rose gold coloring...like it wears off.   Anybody else have the same issue?  I always take my rings off when applying hand lotion.

Honored Contributor

Re: Rose Gold and Diamonique

It must be another metal that is plated/clad in rose gold.  I don't buy plated for that very reason. If it's all gold, the color won't rub off.

Honored Contributor

Keep one of those polishing cloths handy.  I woudn't think rose gold plating would turnish more than yellow gold or rhodium plating.  If it does they should refine the plating process.  

Honored Contributor

Use a polishing cloth made for gold, not for silver, to avoid rubbing off the gold plating. Otherwise just use a cotton cloth. 

Honored Contributor

@mitzywhite wrote:

I love Rose God with Diamonique when I see it on TV/Online and when I first get it as I have several rings and bracelets in rose gold.  But, within a few days, it starts to get dull of the rose gold coloring...like it wears off.   Anybody else have the same issue?  I always take my rings off when applying hand lotion.

I have had this happen to me.  Some people can wear plated and its fine,  with me it rubs off almost immediately.  Its my body chemistry with some pieces, even with gold plated.  I do find that their are designer pieces that do not rub off on me.  Vanna K from JTV pieces never rubs off on me, Victoria Weick pieces I have had for years and they do not change color.  I guess it depends on the( for lack of a better word) recipe.  Literally I had a rose gold plated ring that changed color the same day I wore it.  I did get my money back.  Did not have to return item.  Very good customer service.  Q might do the same thing.  I would call them and explain.  Hope you can get this taken of.  Lets us know

Frequent Contributor

It must be my body chemistry if some people don't have issues.  I have purchased a LOT of rose gold Diamonique through the years and it all does it.  You'd think I'd learn my lesson.  But, I'm not a fan of silver or gold as I am with the rose gold.  I have a rose gold necklace I purchased from Esty last year and I never take it off and it still has it's rose gold color.  A polishing cloth was mentioned.  Does QVC sell them?  Not familiar with them.

Honored Contributor

@mitzywhite wrote:

It must be my body chemistry if some people don't have issues.  I have purchased a LOT of rose gold Diamonique through the years and it all does it.  You'd think I'd learn my lesson.  But, I'm not a fan of silver or gold as I am with the rose gold.  I have a rose gold necklace I purchased from Esty last year and I never take it off and it still has it's rose gold color.  A polishing cloth was mentioned.  Does QVC sell them?  Not familiar with them.

I believe you can get them at WalmartSmiley Happy  My rose gold wore off every place my finger touched which means the whole shank of the ring.  All you can see is silver.  Now the top part of the ring is still a pretty rose gold color.  Good luck with the cloth.`

Frequent Contributor

What will the polishing cloth actually do?  It can't bring back the rose gold finish that wore off.  So I'm confused what the purpose is except to shine whatever.