Super Contributor

Hello, can Judiths rings be resized by a jeweler, both silver and gold are to be resized. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Ripka ring sizing

[ Edited ]

Rings that are plated with rhodium or gold can not be sized.  Most Ripka silver rings are rhodium plated.  Depending on where you live, you may have trouble finding a silversmith who would suze any silver ring.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Ripka ring sizing

[ Edited ]

@Spunkyspouts wrote:

Hello, can Judiths rings be resized by a jeweler, both silver and gold are to be resized. 

@Spunkyspouts   It's doubtful silverplated items can be sized because the plateting could be compromized whre the ring is cut and soldered back together. Gold? If not plated,  I see no reason why that ring would be an issue. If there are stones involved, sometimes, depending on the type of stone, they have to removed before heating the ring which adds to the cost. 

Honored Contributor

If you are willing to put up with the "stripe" of a different color on the back of the ring, go for it.  I guess it depends on how much you love the ring, resizing is getting more expensive where I live.  No one can see the bottom of your ring.  

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 exactlytrue.

Esteemed Contributor

If they are just clad, probably not cost effective to bother.

Silver can be done, but it hard to find someone who is skilled.