New Contributor

Please, can anyone help me out. I purchased (from QVC) a BEAUTIFUL ring several yrs

ago. It is no longer in myaccount status listing. I' m needing info on ring which I can't remember. It looks swiss blue, about 3k, platinum , oval, & stands high off the finger.

I do remember the hostess speaking of a 'discovery' of these stones. The purchase

price at the time was over $300. Maybe purchased 5-6 yrs ago.

Can anyone tell me what it is?

Thank you       

Honored Contributor

Could it have been Oster (sp?) Blue topaz?  About the time you mention, QVC made a big deal of this stone saying it was new and developed by the same person who came up with London Blue.  I have one and it looks just like Swiss Blue to me.  I guess it never caught on because it rapidly faded away.  It was expensive.

Does anyone else have a better spelling of the name?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@nfw wrote:

Please, can anyone help me out. I purchased (from QVC) a BEAUTIFUL ring several yrs

ago. It is no longer in myaccount status listing. I' m needing info on ring which I can't remember. It looks swiss blue, about 3k, platinum , oval, & stands high off the finger.

I do remember the hostess speaking of a 'discovery' of these stones. The purchase

price at the time was over $300. Maybe purchased 5-6 yrs ago.

Can anyone tell me what it is?

Thank you       

My guess it's can be Ostro Swiss Blue topaz ring, now just one ring in this group in inventory, before was more .Check J295091

New Contributor

YES! Thanks so much.

Honored Contributor

Yes, Ostro Blue is correct.  I have the emerald cut ring.

Screenshot_2016-04-21-15-18-50-1.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
New Contributor

thank you, i think that's it.

Valued Contributor

@nfw wrote:

YES! Thanks so much.

👍

Honored Contributor
I have a Riviera blue topaz ring over which they also made a big fuss. Then I got a letter stating I could return it because some were fading out. Over my dead body, that ring has a substantial amount of gold and I never did notice any fading. I stayed up in the middle of the night to watch Leah present it and it sold out before she could. Luckily I had my order in. Blue topaz was my first gemstone love starting 20 years ago and I've never really gotten sick of it. I have maybe 7 solitaires by now.