Super Contributor

Received my B. Bixby Florite Solitare Ring

I said O m g when I first looked at it. The center stone is just beautiful. The Garnets on each side on my ring are so pale, you can hardly see them. That is disappointing. The ring does run on the larger size. I normally wear an 8 on my index finger and it is a little large, but I hate to return, because everything is on a wait list and who knows if and when the Q will get them back, unless returns start coming in. When you get yours, please let me know if your Garnets have color, please.
Honored Contributor

Re: Received my B. Bixby Florite Solitare Ring

It seems like fluorite is gaining in popularity but so much of it is very pale and "washed out", so I'm kind of surprised. I bought a pendant years ago but never wear it as it's so colorless.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

kachina, The Florite is beautiful - it is the garnet that is washed out. The ring itself is beautiful as I said; perhaps the garnets are not that important since the Florite is so large.
Esteemed Contributor

On 9/4/2014 gem lover said: kachina, The Florite is beautiful - it is the garnet that is washed out. The ring itself is beautiful as I said; perhaps the garnets are not that important since the Florite is so large.
I received mine today also, and the color of this ring is much more saturated then the one I ordered from Judith. Barbara's ring is gorgeous.
Super Contributor

BingQueen, Are your Garnets washed out? Mine have little to no color.
Esteemed Contributor

On 9/5/2014 gem lover said: BingQueen, Are your Garnets washed out? Mine have little to no color.
I expected the garnets to be washed out because they were so small. The color of mine are like Rhodolite. Very little sparkle. I knew they wouldn't add much to the ring because of their size. After all, the green stone is the star. That's fine with me. It's not just Barbara's rings, it's Aldo Michael V's rings soldo. His accent stones are just as bad. I love the design of Barbara's ring. Very unique looking. Very pretty on the hand also. To me, this one's a keeper.
Super Contributor

For those on wait list for this ring, I would suggest ordering true to size, even for middle finger. I made a mistake and ordered up one size and it is loose. How do you size Bixby ring with flower in middle of band? I definitely do not want to send back. It is too beautiful.
Valued Contributor

Fluorite is not high up on the Moh's Scale, so if you are wearing a ring, baby it.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

On 9/5/2014 Margo Channing said:

Fluorite is not high up on the Moh's Scale, so if you are wearing a ring, baby it.

Every rockhound keeps a piece of fluorite handy because it's the standard for hardness 4 in the Mohs scale.