Honored Contributor

Re: Question For Any Jewelry Makers Out There

@grammarqueen  I agree w/ others. It needs to be restrung by a jeweler. If you string the pearls & other stones together w/o knots, the stones get damaged from hitting each other. Also if the string breaks, you lose all stones....with knots, just lose the one at the "break". Hope this is helpful 

Valued Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

If you are looking to use wire or to use silk and knot between the pearls, you may want to go to your local bead store that gives classes, other wise you'll be better off at a jewelry store for this repair.  By the time you buy the needed equipment to do the job, it will cost more than if they do it for you.  By the way, I teach children to do crafts and skills.  I have taught children to make pearl necklaces with silk, knotting between the pearls and even a 8 year old can master this with a little help to learn the skill.

Please let us know what you end up doing and your finshed item.

Now there's a thought! I could make this one bracelet into a necklace if I use more gemstone beads with it. I got the matching pearl 18" Imperial Pearl necklace with it, and could make one a little longer to pair together. I have been eyeing some Swarovski crystal beads, and I think they would look great together. 

I like the idea of learning how to do it, and will scope places in my area that might teach jewelry making. 

Respected Contributor

IMG_5785.JPGGreat!   I was playing with Tahitians, black spinel and green apatite last week on beading wire .  The beads and clasps are 14k.   Just looking for a pattern I like.

Respected Contributor

Our poster friend Lboone was telling you about this forum.  It has lots of information and great videos to watch.  You'll see some great pearls here too.

http://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?19-The-Lowly-Beaders-Club

Respected Contributor

@esmeraldagooch  ... That's a pretty piece!

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

IMG_5785.JPGGreat!   I was playing with Tahitians, black spinel and green apatite last week on beading wire .  The beads and clasps are 14k.   Just looking for a pattern I like.

Respected Contributor

Thank you.  I pulled these pistacio pearls our of some of my multi color strands to play with.  That is what I love about pearls, you can make them into something new just by adding beads or wire wrapping.   I have seen several inspiration pieces out and about lately so I thought I would remodel some existing items into them.  I lucked into these beads on ebay after a week looking online for matching size, shape and cut.  The rest should arrive today.