Respected Contributor

QVC emeralds?  Our daughter has a big birthday at the end of the month and has requested emerald stud earrings.  We ordered 2 emeralds, thought they were set in 14 kt, and when they arrived we almost needed a microscope to see them!  Plus, they were loose, not set! They were gorgeous, but tiny.  I see the Q has a pair of emerald studs, but there is scant info regarding quality.  The gem dealer we purchased the tiny emeralds from gave in depth info such as if they were excellent, very good, etc.  The photo on the Q website looks like these are very cloudy.   Has anyone purchased emeralds from QVC? 

Respected Contributor

The prettiest emerald I own is a Judith Ripka ring.  It’s in silver with Diamonique.  J35027.  Mine is a true rich Emerald green color.  Not minty or washed out.  I love it. 

Honored Contributor

IMO the chrome diopside is a beautiful untreated green stone. The genuine emerald is pricey as well as cloudiness to the stone.  I got my chrome from JTV except a chrome diopside JR ring. 

They’re all beautiful. Good luck. Perfect gift.

Respected Contributor

@GSPgirl

Is the emerald a natural stone or diamonique?  I'm surprised a real emerald would be set in silver. 

Respected Contributor

@OKPrincess

You're right, chrome diopside is magnificent!  However, the birthday girl requested emeralds.  We'll do what we can!  Wish money were no object! 

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

@OKPrincess

You're right, chrome diopside is magnificent!  However, the birthday girl requested emeralds.  We'll do what we can!  Wish money were no object! 

I know what you mean about money. 

If birthday day girl wants emeralds, I would look locally too. I’ve even bought earrings at Walmart.

Good luck with your shopping and let us know what you find.

Respected Contributor

@OKPrincess,

Thank you!  I called a local jewelry store and they do have emeralds.   Now, if I can just win the lottery!  We'll visit the store tomorrow.  We are regular customers, maybe they'll be willing to make a deal! 

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC emeralds?

[ Edited ]

I was watching an emerald show on JTV last week and they were showing a new find of emeralds from Ethiopia. They were all set in gold and the color was outstanding! The hosts were comparing them to fine Colombian emeralds and I have to agree. They are beautiful!!

AHK046

JTV-AHK046-2-medium.jpg

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee

Wow, wow, wow!   Those are gorgeous!  I've never ordered from JTV, have you?  Are they good about returns, etc?  Thank you! 

Honored Contributor

Yes, I have ordered from them but I have never returned anything. They have 30-day return policy but I'm not sure if they refund the original shipping cost.  Maybe someone here might know about JTV returns. @this is my nic