Respected Contributor

Peter Thomas Roth jewelry

[ Edited ]

Saw a little bit of this on early this morning.

In my opinion, what a JOKE.  First, isn't skin care enough??????  Mr. Roth has gone way down in my personal opinion of him, so not willing to watch him much.

If anyone thinks Ripka jewelry is overpriced (which I do), this stuff is even more outrageous, in my opinion.

It is nice, seems to be good quality.  But, no way would I pay for what they're asking.

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Peter Thomas Roth jewelry

I'm waiting for one of these designers to start selling household cleaning products!!  lol..

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you watched the presentation you'd know that his family has been in the jewelry business for years.  That's his background.  He has his own studio in NYC.

Honored Contributor

to each his own......i now own a number of his pieces and love them. qvc doesnt have enough modern designs in jewelry and this definitely fits the bill. the quality and weight are excellent for the price. i have purchase some from qvc and some from his website.  beautiful pieces.....and hoping that qvc will expand the line and his presence.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Saw a little bit of this on early this morning.

In my opinion, what a JOKE.  First, isn't skin care enough??????  Mr. Roth has gone way down in my personal opinion of him, so not willing to watch him much.

If anyone thinks Ripka jewelry is overpriced (which I do), this stuff is even more outrageous, in my opinion.

It is nice, seems to be good quality.  But, no way would I pay for what they're asking.

Hyacinth

He did mention that his family had a jewelry business--so he really did grew up in the industry.

To me it was kind of like he was saying jewelry was "in in blood" or like his passion.  So it didn't seem so outlandish that he ended up starting the jewelry line.

Lots of designers get into skin care-- like Giorgio Armani--- so it didn't seem so strange to go the other direction--from skin care to jewelry...  Especially since he is already so hooked into the QVC machine.

Valued Contributor

I was wondering about that previously and people mentioned that his family was in the jewelry business for generations. I like the pieces (much better than his skin care) and I like that he brings them in 18k. I would purchase if there were more pieces in white gold, as I don't wear much yellow anymore. As for the pricing, I don't think it's bad at all for 18k, given the price of gold now

Respected Contributor

I just don't understand the anger about a person having more than one "interest". 

Has no one ever heard of a "triple threat" in entertainment. Someone that can sing, dance & act? 

My husband is a wonderful drummer, but he drives a semi for UPS & fixes dirt bikes, lawn mowers, etc. He is also a wonderful husband/father/son/grandfather. And, cute!

I have several hobbies that I enjoy. I just don't have the drive to turn them into anything more than that.

Why would anyone find it a "joke" that a person is dedicated & hard working & wants to persue more than one job? 

It isn't even a question of whether or not you like the person's products that they are selling. You just find it laugh worthy that they are fulfilling themselves in more than one area of their life? 

I applaud them for having the work ethic to do it & take advantage of oppurtunities that showcase their talent.

Buy or don't buy, but don't try to deny someone the chance to do what they dream of.

Respected Contributor

I have to say I love his pieces and the quality is outstanding.

Compared to many other modern, quality jewlery out there the prices are very reasonable in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

Some people are multifaceted, perhaps he's an artist or gemstone collector and a jewelry line is a natural progression.