Esteemed Contributor

I was looking at the new line of jewelry from Peter Thomas Roth.I It  is sterling silver and it is very expensive. A few pieces are not too pricey but there are not many. I thought he only did a skin cream line but I guess he has decided to branch out.

Respected Contributor

Re: Peter Thomas Roth Jewelry

[ Edited ]

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just took a look at the pieces and IMO the prices for most of it is outrageous. I've been using PTR products since 2009 and I really like them. 

However, if he wants to segue into being a jewelry designer, he needs to establish himself first. By no means IMO, does his vast experience and success in the skincare industry directly translate to any other industry. I have no problem with him branching out but at least begin humbly since this is not your area of expertise; build up a repertoire little by little like many jewelry designers had to do from square one. 

His prices IMO are high end designer silver pricing and he's even being featured in the upcoming designer silver show when he just debuted. I'm not sure what's up with that but I don't think he should just be handed props like that he hasn't earned. 

~Live with Intention~
Respected Contributor

@Catch71, his family background was in jewelry.  People are multi-talented you know.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Respected Contributor

While clinical skin care and beauty have been my passion and my grandparents' history, fine jewelry has been my best-kept secret. After all, I practically grew up in my parent's jewelry workshop in Manhattan.

Since 1939, my father, and later my mother, brought to life the designs of many of the renowned artists, celebrities and impresarios who would call on them. I learned by watching them firsthand, and throughout my life their inspiration and expertise have remained steadfast with me.

In my youth, I spent many days on Fifth Avenue in the opulence of one of New York's most prestigious museums. There, I volunteered in the Jewelry Reproduction department, mastering the very art that my parents had practiced for decades. On Mondays when the museum was closed, I would wander the galleries like an explorer. It was there that the motif behind my Ribbon and Reed collection caught my eye for the very first time.

Classic and elegant, it adorned a selection of the greatest masterpieces and objets d'arts, as well as the details of some of the grandest rooms. For me it felt symbolic of luxury, power, romance and authority. Years later, I drew on its inspiration to create my timeless jewelry collection.

Please enjoy wearing, collecting and cherishing my Ribbon and Reed collection
— modern classics that convey timeless elegance.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Respected Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

While clinical skin care and beauty have been my passion and my grandparents' history, fine jewelry has been my best-kept secret. After all, I practically grew up in my parent's jewelry workshop in Manhattan.

Since 1939, my father, and later my mother, brought to life the designs of many of the renowned artists, celebrities and impresarios who would call on them. I learned by watching them firsthand, and throughout my life their inspiration and expertise have remained steadfast with me.

In my youth, I spent many days on Fifth Avenue in the opulence of one of New York's most prestigious museums. There, I volunteered in the Jewelry Reproduction department, mastering the very art that my parents had practiced for decades. On Mondays when the museum was closed, I would wander the galleries like an explorer. It was there that the motif behind my Ribbon and Reed collection caught my eye for the very first time.

Classic and elegant, it adorned a selection of the greatest masterpieces and objets d'arts, as well as the details of some of the grandest rooms. For me it felt symbolic of luxury, power, romance and authority. Years later, I drew on its inspiration to create my timeless jewelry collection.

@Karnerblue  Thanks for posting this.Very informative. Thank you.

I still feel the prices should be more reasonable being that his jewelry knowledge was his 'best-kept' secret. It would've been amazing IMO if he used his background to bring high quality jewelry at amazing prices. IMO QVC already has several expensive silver lines from well known jewelry designers. So, at least for me, it doesn't make sense to charge so much for many of the pieces when he admits himself he is not known in that capacity. It may be true that the pieces are made well and therefore are expensive since they use a lot of silver but I'm not sure that was the best way to begin his line.

I wish him the best. I hope those that decide to buy enjoy their purchases. 

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They have only 4 pieces online right n ow, all circle necklaces.  The hosts have been wearing a toggle clasp bold circle bracelet lately.  It's too big on every host I've seen so far though.

Had to go back and check out the prices - OMG!!!!!!!!!  2 of 4 are $700-800!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  NO THANK YOU!

Honored Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

@Karnerblue wrote:

@Karnerblue  Thanks for posting this.Very informative. Thank you.

I still feel the prices should be more reasonable being that his jewelry knowledge was his 'best-kept' secret. It would've been amazing IMO if he used his background to bring high quality jewelry at amazing prices. IMO QVC already has several expensive silver lines from well known jewelry designers. So, at least for me, it doesn't make sense to charge so much for many of the pieces when he admits himself he is not known in that capacity. It may be true that the pieces are made well and therefore are expensive since they use a lot of silver but I'm not sure that was the best way to begin his line.

I wish him the best. I hope those that decide to buy enjoy their purchases. 

I could not agree with you more. It's ridiculous what he is charging for just plain silver jewelry. I love OrPaz jewelry as it is unique and very reasonable. 

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

They have only 4 pieces online right n ow, all circle necklaces.  The hosts have been wearing a toggle clasp bold circle bracelet lately.  It's too big on every host I've seen so far though.

@PINKdogWOOD There are more pieces online now -- 14 -- they must be making more available little by little.  The pricing seems to be in that "Judith Ripka so-called luxury over-priced" stratsophere.  I like some of PTR's pieces, but sterling silver 1 1/2" hoops for $142 seems a bit high to me.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper  Thanks for responding - I changed the way I did my search for his jewelry just now and I see all the pieces you saw.  I LOVE those stick earrings, at $77, not too bad.  I'd consider those.  I also like the double hoop door knocker-like earring too but too much $$$ for me.  I hope he does well with his line.