Respected Contributor

Re: Peter Thomas Roth Jewelry

@Pecky wrote:

@NycVixen wrote:

@Karnerblue wrote:

While clinical skin care and beauty have been my passion and my grandparents' history, fine jewelry has been my best-kept secret. After all, I practically grew up in my parent's jewelry workshop in Manhattan.

Since 1939, my father, and later my mother, brought to life the designs of many of the renowned artists, celebrities and impresarios who would call on them. I learned by watching them firsthand, and throughout my life their inspiration and expertise have remained steadfast with me.

In my youth, I spent many days on Fifth Avenue in the opulence of one of New York's most prestigious museums. There, I volunteered in the Jewelry Reproduction department, mastering the very art that my parents had practiced for decades. On Mondays when the museum was closed, I would wander the galleries like an explorer. It was there that the motif behind my Ribbon and Reed collection caught my eye for the very first time.

Classic and elegant, it adorned a selection of the greatest masterpieces and objets d'arts, as well as the details of some of the grandest rooms. For me it felt symbolic of luxury, power, romance and authority. Years later, I drew on its inspiration to create my timeless jewelry collection.

Please enjoy wearing, collecting and cherishing my Ribbon and Reed collection
— modern classics that convey timeless elegance.

@Karnerblue  Thanks for posting this.Very informative. Thank you.

I still feel the prices should be more reasonable being that his jewelry knowledge was his 'best-kept' secret. It would've been amazing IMO if he used his background to bring high quality jewelry at amazing prices. IMO QVC already has several expensive silver lines from well known jewelry designers. So, at least for me, it doesn't make sense to charge so much for many of the pieces when he admits himself he is not known in that capacity. It may be true that the pieces are made well and therefore are expensive since they use a lot of silver but I'm not sure that was the best way to begin his line.

I wish him the best. I hope those that decide to buy enjoy their purchases. 

I could not agree with you more. It's ridiculous what he is charging for just plain silver jewelry. I love OrPaz jewelry as it is unique and very reasonable. 

I love Or Paz for the same reasons; it's gorgeous, unique and affordable. I plan on buying many other pieces in the near future. I sure hope QVC takes note of this thread and brings more lines like Or Paz to the Q. 

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

@NycVixen wrote:

@Karnerblue wrote:

While clinical skin care and beauty have been my passion and my grandparents' history, fine jewelry has been my best-kept secret. After all, I practically grew up in my parent's jewelry workshop in Manhattan.

Since 1939, my father, and later my mother, brought to life the designs of many of the renowned artists, celebrities and impresarios who would call on them. I learned by watching them firsthand, and throughout my life their inspiration and expertise have remained steadfast with me.

In my youth, I spent many days on Fifth Avenue in the opulence of one of New York's most prestigious museums. There, I volunteered in the Jewelry Reproduction department, mastering the very art that my parents had practiced for decades. On Mondays when the museum was closed, I would wander the galleries like an explorer. It was there that the motif behind my Ribbon and Reed collection caught my eye for the very first time.

Classic and elegant, it adorned a selection of the greatest masterpieces and objets d'arts, as well as the details of some of the grandest rooms. For me it felt symbolic of luxury, power, romance and authority. Years later, I drew on its inspiration to create my timeless jewelry collection.

I still feel the prices should be more reasonable being that his jewelry knowledge was his 'best-kept' secret. It would've been amazing IMO if he used his background to bring high quality jewelry at amazing prices. IMO QVC already has several expensive silver lines from well known jewelry designers. So, at least for me, it doesn't make sense to charge so much for many of the pieces when he admits himself he is not known in that capacity. It may be true that the pieces are made well and therefore are expensive since they use a lot of silver but I'm not sure that was the best way to begin his line.

I could not agree with you more. It's ridiculous what he is charging for just plain silver jewelry. I love OrPaz jewelry as it is unique and very reasonable. 

I love Or Paz for the same reasons; it's gorgeous, unique and affordable. I plan on buying many other pieces in the near future. I sure hope QVC takes note of this thread and brings more lines like Or Paz to the Q. 

I sure hope so too!  Did you happen to see under new arrivals a few days ago Or Paz different textured ring?  I was going to wait for the presentation but I couldn't wait and ordered it.  

Trusted Contributor

He said that he and his family have been in the jewelry business for decades.  He showed pictures of his parents behind their counter and a huge book of the items they sold.  Thousands of items.  He said he was in the jewelry business and that the skin care was just a hobby at first, but then the skin care took off and took over his time. 

He did work with some prestigious jewelers which he mentioned.  I still think that this is his "designing" debut though, and the prices are really high.   I do love his bib necklace and I haven't coveted a piece of silver in a while since I have a lot of jewelry.  I love the hoops he showed too, and the rings. 

Respected Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@NycVixen wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

@NycVixen wrote:

@Karnerblue wrote:

I sure hope so too!  Did you happen to see under new arrivals a few days ago Or Paz different textured ring?  I was going to wait for the presentation but I couldn't wait and ordered it.  

@Pecky  I just checked it out and it's really nice! I like that it looks like different stacked rings together and the price is excellent. 

I have to say that I did watch PTR's debut since I did add my 2 cents to this thread so I wanted to be informed. There were more items shown that it seems were not online at the time I posted that were more reasonably priced. That was nice. However, I was really taken aback by PTR's ego throughout the presentation. I've seen him present his skincare items countless times and I've never gotten this vibe from him. 

I think he needs to allow those that purchased to get the line home and decide if it's indeed collectible. In addition, he kept saying people would recognize that you had on a PTR piece, which I found a bit ridiculous since the line just debuted. He kept focusing on the fact that he came out in certain magazines that he most likely paid to be in.

I don't know; his whole demeanor and ego was really off putting for me. I believe there is no need for this. Bixby and other tried and true designers on the Q do not have this air about them even though they are very accomplished. Maybe he was just nervous but it was not becoming IMO. I did like a few pieces once I saw them presented but still think some of the pieces are way too expensive. This is just my take of course. 

Like I said earlier, I buy PTR skincare products so I have nothing against him. Just giving my opinion. 

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

@NycVixen

Thank you.

I kept trying to tell myself that he was excited about his collection.  While I do appreciate the aesthetic of his pieces, the references to provenance irked me, just a little.

I respect that a piece or two made Good Housekeeping magazine.  The ads were placed in Star magazine, which I thought was along the lines of the National Enquirer.  In other words, a gossip rag.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

While his family may have been in the jewelry business the fact is that he is known for his skincare, not jewelry.  I was pretty surprised to see him even featured on a designer jewelry day, especially when some of the major Q designers like Ripka and Dawkins weren't even personally appearing with their lines.  I only saw a little bit and I have to say I was underwhelmed.

Honored Contributor

I like PTR and use some of his cosmetics.  However, I was pretty disappointed in his first line of jewelry.  Not because of the price, although pretty unreasonable (to me).... but because the designs were so reminiscent of Michael Dawkins.  As a matter of fact, I have a large circle necklace of MD's that looks remarkably similar to PTR's circle necklaces.  Add to that the fact that the large circle necklaces were the rage 3 or 4 years ago and have tapered off today (although I think they are classic).... the jewelry designs (although lovely) did not WOW me because I felt like I've seen them all before.... and I have....

I was really looking forward to his jewelry show but unfortunately was not tempted at all..... Woman Sad 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

You hit the nail right on the head NycVixen.  I didn't watch his show but I went back to watch the videos and his ego was much inflated for some reason.  I thought maybe it was because of his weight loss but he definately had a way about him.  His pieces are high with nothing special about it.  Like someone else stated some looked alot like Michael Dawkins pieces.  

Honored Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

@NycVixen wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

@NycVixen wrote:

@Karnerblue wrote:

@Pecky  I just checked it out and it's really nice! I like that it looks like different stacked rings together and the price is excellent. 

I have to say that I did watch PTR's debut since I did add my 2 cents to this thread so I wanted to be informed. There were more items shown that it seems were not online at the time I posted that were more reasonably priced. That was nice. However, I was really taken aback by PTR's ego throughout the presentation. I've seen him present his skincare items countless times and I've never gotten this vibe from him. 

I think he needs to allow those that purchased to get the line home and decide if it's indeed collectible. In addition, he kept saying people would recognize that you had on a PTR piece, which I found a bit ridiculous since the line just debuted. He kept focusing on the fact that he came out in certain magazines that he most likely paid to be in.

I don't know; his whole demeanor and ego was really off putting for me. I believe there is no need for this. Bixby and other tried and true designers on the Q do not have this air about them even though they are very accomplished. Maybe he was just nervous but it was not becoming IMO. I did like a few pieces once I saw them presented but still think some of the pieces are way too expensive. This is just my take of course. 

Like I said earlier, I buy PTR skincare products so I have nothing against him. Just giving my opinion. 

I thought it was just me picking up on PTR's ego vibe.... and I've always thought of him as rather humble (on his skincare presentations prior to losing weight).    I saw him recently in a magazine.. it was THE STAR (like the Enquirer).....  Woman Frustrated

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Frequent Contributor

I have never watched him present skin care, but he was definitely not humble selling his jewelry. I thought the OTO rings were stunning. I ordered the citrine, with the band ring to go with it. Definitely not inexpensive, but I must say the citrine ring is magnificent. The stone is quite large, the color is amazing, the silver hefty. I will say the bigger band ring feels a little bit bigger than the citrine ring band. I may need to try the smaller band ring they had. I am a diehard Michael Dawkins fan, and it appears he is no longer designing. PTR has a similar vibe..but no one can replace MD to me.. still miss seeing the Dawkins shows! I like Scott Kay designs too.