Super Contributor

I've looked at some of his pieces and find them to be expensive. Are they really worth the cost? Do they have a lot of gold or silver in them? Or is it just because of them name?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Peter Thomas Roth Jewelry

I think that's a question for each individual.  Depends on how much you like his designs and what you are willing to spend, if you really want it.  I think some of his things are reasonably priced.

Honored Contributor

I really like his designs....whether his jewelry is worth the price is an individual decision.

Valued Contributor

I have  two rings. YES his jewelry is absolutley worth the price and then some.  His stones are beautiful and the gold is solid and 18k or solid and sterling and when I say solid I mean solid. You wont find this quality anyplace for this price, not in a million years.

Beckyblu

Honored Contributor

I have three of his rings.  Are they worth the price?  Individual choice; but they are very high quality.

Honored Contributor

@Remar wrote:

I've looked at some of his pieces and find them to be expensive. Are they really worth the cost? Do they have a lot of gold or silver in them? Or is it just because of them name?

@Remar  The pieces are weighty. If you love the designs, they’re worth every penny.

Honored Contributor

@Junker2327 wrote:

I have  two rings. YES his jewelry is absolutley worth the price and then some.  His stones are beautiful and the gold is solid and 18k or solid and sterling and when I say solid I mean solid. You wont find this quality anyplace for this price, not in a million years.

Beckyblu

@Junker2327  I agree. Compared to other jewelry sold on Q, PTR is a bargain for what you’re purchasing.

Super Contributor

Thank you so much for answering my questions girls. That's what I was wondering. If his pieces were weighty and had a lot of metal. And, if the gem stones were very high quality.

I do like pieces where you can really feel the weight of the metal. This is why I've bought several of Judith Ripka's pieces. The gold and silver do have nice weight to them.

I'm not a huge fan of his style. Like a few of you said, it's a personal choice. I saw his prices though and wondered if his pieces were really worth the cost.

Valued Contributor

@Remar wrote:

I like some of his jewelry, but have stopped buying it because some of the pieces that I bought when he first brought the line to QVC turned black, don't know why, but I know others had the same issue.  Don't know if problem has been resolved but I don't need those issues with what he charges.

Honored Contributor

@Snowhite714 wrote:

@Remar wrote:

I like some of his jewelry, but have stopped buying it because some of the pieces that I bought when he first brought the line to QVC turned black, don't know why, but I know others had the same issue.  Don't know if problem has been resolved but I don't need those issues with what he charges.

@Snowhite714. If those pieces that darkened were silver, it’s tarnish. If they had oxidized areas...those places will become darker. Using a treated polishing cloth removes it.