Honored Contributor

@Margui wrote:

@SilleeMee  El gusto es mio ( Nice to meet you, too ) Smiley Happy  But you should put Encantada (in your case) de conocerte. Spanish language and its genders.

I forgot! My spanish is very rusty. Excuse me please. @Margui 

Super Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 : Opals are expensive and delicate.  It's sad that your daughters and granddaughters are not interest in  the jewelry. Those green opals can be an investment because they are rare. Appraised them.

Super Contributor

@SilleeMee : Don't worry. My English is not good either. It improved but is far from perfect. I came here in my late teens, not as a little girl. I have an accent and I want to reduce it, a little bit, but my husband told me not to change my accent; it's part of you.

Honored Contributor

@Margui  I know they're expensive, I used to buy them.  Luckily, my girls aren't stupid so I'm sure they'll do the right thing one day.

You said it was from your homeland.  Would that be Peru?  I don't know anyone from there.  I have friends from various countries, but none from there.

Do you ever get to go back to visit?  You've sparked my curosity.  I love talking to people and hearing about their homeland.  

Take care.

@Margui wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 : Opals are expensive and delicate.  It's sad that your daughters and granddaughters are not interest in  the jewelry. Those green opals can be an investment because they are rare. Appraised them.

Honored Contributor

Re: Peruvian Pink Opal

[ Edited ]

@Margui 

I was born in Japan. My mother is Japanese and spoke with a heavy accent, so much so that many people could not understand her when she spoke English. I was the person to 'translate' what she would say, but I speak no Japanese. My father is Brooklyn-born so I am part Asian.

Super Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 @Yes. I'm Peruvian, but I haven't been there since 2010. My parents and siblings are here. But other family members like my aunts, uncles and cousins are living there.

Are you from the USA?

Honored Contributor

@Margui  Yes, Virginia.

Respected Contributor

I had a few pieces and saw the offer on ShopLC and got lost with my place order button. I love Opal and the pink was hard to find. Now I have additional pieces to add to my collection and yes I did pick up those earrings and matching ringSmiley Very Happy!

Esteemed Contributor

I love colored gemstones and pink opal is a favorite. I have bought several bead necklaces from Jay King on hsn.  The pink hues vary from necklace to necklace and within the necklace.  I have a pretty gold ring with a deep pink skinny elongated oval that I think I bought from the q many years ago that has squared off geometric bars coming up from each side, and a sterling silver ring with a lighter color large oval that has a more frilly frame like setting.  Love pink opal!

Honored Contributor

I have 2 very large pink opal rings.  I think one is from Jay King.  The other has a carved flower design.  They are a pale shade of pink.  The trouble is they blend perfectly with my skin tone so I don't think they're very noticable.  It would be nice if they were darker.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment