Honored Contributor

@patbz   This seems to be the latest trend in turquoise jewelry.  I can appreciate the fine workmanship but to my eye, it's very busy.  How do you and others like it?  This is a museum quality piece not to be seen on any shopping channel. 

Screenshot_20210514-093947_Facebook.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Re: Paging Patbz

[ Edited ]

I love matrix but in a simpler design. For me in this piece, the turquoise is competing with the design rather than enhancing it. It’s very interesting though and maybe that’s more of the point.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 :  Its interesting but not something that I like or even find practical.  Would love to see it at a museum shop or Indian market as I appreciate the workmanship.

Honored Contributor

@tucsongal   I agree, fine turquoise is all about interesting, well-distributed matrix and the design should enhance, not overwhelm it. 

Honored Contributor

@patbz    I bet there will be a lot of this style of workmanship seen at the Indian Market this year. 

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624Is it a ring or a cuff? If it's a ring, nice but like you said too busy. If a cuff, I would wear it.

Thanks for the gorgeous visual.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 :  Is S.F. Indian Market a go this year for in person or is it virtual?  I still did damage last year with Alex Sanchez ( you can't believe all the comments my signature  "masked maiden" gets).

Honored Contributor

Re: Paging Patbz

[ Edited ]

I haven't heard a word about Indian Market but the balloon fiesta is on.  That masked maiden was an investment piece.  You don't have a daughter or granddaughter to whom you can leave it, do you?  I don't either.

I think it's a ring. 

Esteemed Contributor

That is really a spectacular design!   ITA that it's a bit overwhelming but beautiful at the same time.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 : My Masked Maiden is 2" in diameter and is a pendant.  If you hear about S.F.I.M. please post.  A lot of the artists seemed to do really well online.  I read on F.B. that Alex Sanchez had a serious case of Covid but is doing much better now.