Super Contributor

Does anyone know how you can tighten an omega back? One of my new blue hematite OTO earrings is just a little loose and droops abit and I would like to tighten it. Any help would be appreciated. kiwi

Occasional Contributor

I don't know how to tighten, but I have slid a simple disc behind the ear through the post and it prevents the drooping.  Found them at Etsy.  These are not intended for omega back, but I have used them for this and they worked. 

These simple support discs will help alot with drooping.  Etsy has them in different sizes. They are inexpensive and reusable.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TROPICISLANDJEWELS?ref=search_shop_redirect

Hope this helps.

Super Contributor

Hi Pearlgirls,

I don't know how you found this post I made over 3 years ago, but thanks for taking

the time to give me your input.

Valued Contributor

@kiwi55  That poster spammed 11 or 12 different threads today that were years old, mentioning those etsy earring backings in each one.  I think it's safe to assume she is in fact the etsy seller, since that's the only posting she's done.  But hey, that doesn't mean the product doesn't work, so good luck to ya pearlgirls!  EarVictory Hand

Super Contributor

Thanks AliJoi5,

Thought it was kind of odd.

Respected Contributor

Yes, she has.   I do use these discs but buy them by the 100 pkg.

Honored Contributor

Go to an independent jeweler and they can fix it for you.

Honored Contributor

@AliJoi5. After looking at her QVC user name and the title of the URL she posted (pearl/tropical), I'd say you are exactly right.  A free advertisement.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment