Respected Contributor

I reviewed J294268 - a pair of EternaGold earrings that I purchased.

They are horrible and I reviewed them as such. I can't remember the exact wording, but they won't take my review. I don't use bad language, mention another product, or can't think of what violated their delicate standards.

They are flimsy, thin, and certainly not worth the price. I did praise the design, but not the execution of it.

This also happened to me on ShopHQ, and it makes me wonder how much they censor reviews. I have seen bad reviews, so I really don't get why some make it and some don't.

I think I am a good enough writer to know how to write a review. So, I have become much less trusting of what I see in reviews. How many are actually censored out? Especially when you really don't know what it is that got them denied.

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Honored Contributor

You want me to try for you?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hyacinth - did you receive an email or has it been a couple of day and the review isn't still posted. I've never had a review rejected so I honestly don't know how it works.

Honored Contributor

I think ""not the worth the price"" was the deal breaker.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor
On 12/27/2014 Bird mama said:

Hyacinth - did you receive an email or has it been a couple of day and the review isn't still posted. I've never had a review rejected so I honestly don't know how it works.

I received an email saying it was rejected.

I have purchased a LOT of jewelry from QVC, so it surprised me to see it rejected. I have reviewed many other purchases, so I don't really get it.

I am returning it for sure.

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Respected Contributor
On 12/27/2014 ncascade said:

I think "not the worth the price" was the deal breaker.

Maybe, but I believe I have seen that used in other reviews.

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Honored Contributor

Well, I could say it was a gift and take a crack at it if you want Wink

Honored Contributor
I've written some pretty bad reviews both at the Q and SHq that were accepted. I think the mistake most commonly made is to mention damaged merchandise, shipping issues or comparisons to other items. They don't want any customer service issues mentioned; they want evaluations of the merchandise as in good condition. Usually saying it's flimsy or tinny will not get it kicked out but to say it was bent will. Instead of "not worth the price" try, "not a good value for me".
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor
I wrote an absolutely glowing review for the ceramic Christmas trees because we love both of ours, and they didn't publish my review and didn't tell me why. Many of the reviews were terrible, so if they'd prefer bad reviews to a good one, there's nothing I can do.
Honored Contributor
They never say WHY they reject a review. That would just generate arguments. If you read the guidelines, you can usually figure it out.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment