Trusted Contributor

But, did anyone watch Vicenza yesterday with Antonella? I noticed every time they presented a bronzo piece of jewelry Antonella said "I don't want you think this is cash in the trash". I know I am personally not a fan of Bronzo or any other mystery metals, but I know a lot of people really like it. Was just wondering if anyone besides myself noticed that. I know on these forums a lot of us have used that line "cash in the trash" for the mystery metals the Q is calling fine jewelry because it is made in Italy. I was just wondering if anyone else noticed. Made me think they are reading these posts.

Super Contributor

Of course QVC reads these forums. We are free market research.

I think Bronzo is cash in the trash -- what else would it be? There's no scrap value.

Honored Contributor

Its like telling a kid a first trip to the dentist won't hurt. The thought wasn't even in his mind until you put it there. But the horse is already out of the barn on Bronzo.

Frequent Contributor
On 3/24/2014 ennui1 said:

Of course QVC reads these forums. We are free market research. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I think Bronzo is cash in the trash -- what else would it be? There's no scrap value.

Scrap value? I don't buy jewelry for scrap value, I buy it because it's pretty and it makes me happy to wear it, period. I have several pieces of Bronzo and I like it very much.

Super Contributor

I think it is like any other costume jewelry. I think jewelry is to be worn and enjoyed and if you love it and wear it, then it is not cash in the trash, or at least not to me. no different than buying clothing, shoes, bags, etc. I love costume jewelry, btw, but do not own any bronzo.

Super Contributor

Am I the only person on planet Earth who likes some of the Bronzo? I have a few pieces and they look fine.

Super Contributor

Every single piece of my Bronzo turned. I feel like a chimpanzee for buying this scheiße. It is cash in the trash. Just to give you an example, I have one of the bronzo watches and the bronzo face that is under the crystal is still that beautiful rose gold color and the rest of it is taking on a orange appearence. Likewise with the bronzo and crystal hoop earrings and there is nothing I can do about it. I tried to polish a small area of the turned metal and I got absolutely nowhere. I might also add that I baby my jewelry and I mean baby it. As soon as I get home for the day I go to my jewerly box and put everything back in its place without fail. I don't even wash dishes with my wedding band on; that goes back in the box until morning too.

Honored Contributor

I held out for a long time and finally I bought a pair of Bronzo earrings on clearance. I do love them and I have since added a necklace and a ring. I would like a bracelet to complete the suite. But I won't pay full price for Bronzo because it is mystery metal, fashion jewelry. I haven't had my pieces long enough for them to tarnish or "turn". One of the selling points for me is that the color isn't supposed to chip, rub off or tarnish. I have faith that they will not do any of those things for a long time. I don't think of it as "cash in the trash" but I do think it's over priced for the material. That's why I only buy Bronzo on clearance.

Respected Contributor

The only Bronzo item I own is the Bronzo Honora white pearl charm bracelet, w Bronzo ball charms. It's fabulous and I get compliments when ever I wear it. It has not turned and if it does, I am returning it for a full refund even though it is well past 30 days since I purchased it.

Super Contributor

There are so many Bronzo items in the As Is section, and more added almost every day, I'm leery of the whole line.