Honored Contributor

I just got back from picking up my package at the mail area.  Perhaps my hands were cold, but I couldn't open either earring.  My fingertips actually got sore from my efforts! 

I'll give it another try in the morning.   I'm somewhat worried that if I did get them open, and put them on, I wouldn't be able to get them off again.  

Respected Contributor

I ordered the smallest sized ones & they came today.   Not sure if I'll keep them, or not.  The little tab where you push to open it is so small & with that small of an earring, it's almost impossible to grab to pull it apart to unlatch. 

I've worn this same size & type of huggie hoops for about 25 years & have a pair each of yellow & white 14K huggies & there's no latch to push on to remove.  They just firmly click into the back of the earring with an audible snap & I've worn them 24/7 for months at a time & have never had one unlatch.  To remove, I just pull the front & back part of the earring apart & it snaps open. 

I'm afraid I might inadvertently hit that button & unlatch one or both & lose them. If the earring is made right, it doesn't need that silly button on them to open them.

This is the type I have:

Ultra Mini Huggie Hoop Earrings in 14k Yellow Gold (7/16")

Respected Contributor

I received these today, but they're going right back, marked as defective. The clasp on one of the earrings simply would not open. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

I'm going to also return mine and mark them as defective.  After playing with them today, I was finally able to open and close one of them, with difficulty.  The other one wouldn't budge.  

I do understand how the clasp works, but I consider them unwearable and have to send them back. 

Honored Contributor

My hoops are perfect. They open and close just as they should. Their size on my lobes is just right. I have average size lobes and my piercings are right in the middle. I can see all of the stones, inside and out. I love them!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee    Happy you got a good pair!

Honored Contributor

I was beginning to wonder about them after reading some of the posts here. Had my fingers crossed and it worked. Woman Very Happy @september 

Trusted Contributor

Re: New DMQ Huggie Hoops

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee 

You may remember. I was the woman that had the affinity huggie hoops and I hoped these would be comparable, but less expensive.

OMG!  LOL!  I do think they are pretty.  But they are seriously small even for a huggie.  It would not be such a problem but the clasp!  It is really difficult to open.  And once the earrings are on, it's like impossible to manuever.  There just isn't enough to hold on to to push down on one side and hold it, to pull the front.  If you know what I mean. 

I only had one on and it was so hard to get off, I didn't dare try the other.  I like a secure earring.  but I worry these would rip my ear off, if they got caught on my scarf or sweater.  

I am going to return.  BUT I HAVE THE AFFINITY!!!  I showed my mom and she said, "I'd keep the real ones.  Don't tell Dad."  Lol.  Some things never change.  Like hiding prices from Dad.  haha.  

ETA:  Happy for you and anyone else that. are happy with them.  I do think they are pretty.  

Honored Contributor

@justashopper 

Yes I remember you got those Affinity earrings.

I don't seem to have any issues with getting my DMQ huggies on or off. Maybe that's because I've worn the click-lock type hoops a number of times so I've got the hang of it. there's definitively a bit of a learning curve with them. 

I really love these new DMQ huggies. They are nice quality and the stones are bright and sparkly. You can see them from a distance because they are so bright for being so small. They are a keeper. I don't own anything like them.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Excellent!!  Happy for you!!