Respected Contributor

Re: NEWS FLASH QVC

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

Especially in jewelry, a trend lasts 5 minutes in the huge scheme of things. How many puka shell necklaces and mood rings are you coveting? 

Jewelry is a very personal thing. It can make or break an outfit. Bring tears or laughter to someone. A piece of jewelry can relate love, intentions and promise. A string of pearls or a pin inherited and re-made to enjoy today brings memories of a beloved aunt. 

Nothing, no piece or style of jewelry can be considered right or wrong for someone else. It’s a matter of personal taste.

Yes!  This am I am wearing gold huggie hoops, gold bracelet, two tone watch--each about 15 years old.  Also vintage onyx gold ring, and a multi gem gold band ring that is probably 20 years old,  Also a necklace from the mid eighties, and a costume pearl toursade necklace.  And one Indigo blue bead Alex and Ani bracelet, cost $10 at the Rack.  My look.  Trends catch my eye if they suit me.  Not because they are trends.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Many years ago, must be more than 20, QVC sold small, dime size, thin silver hoops that came with asst. gemstone charms. I think I paid $50 or less. 

I’d love to see that done again. Ripka did it at one time, the charms were sold separately and the price was out of sight. 

They also sold gold charms for hoops.  I recently sold mine.

Esteemed Contributor

Gee funny thing - I wear whatever gold hoops I have - big, small, wide, skinny -- because I like them!  Trends come and go.

Honored Contributor

So happy to feel relaxed and secure with any “style” that I LIKE, rather than to succumbing to the silliness of trendsfadsdatedinout.

If I like it, I buy it; if I don’t, I pass.

Honored Contributor

Re: NEWS FLASH QVC

[ Edited ]

@Thebig I wrote:

SKINNY LARGE HOOPS ARE IN STYLE NOW ...and have been  for quite some time, yet the majority of your hoops are still out dated in the style dept. Not interested in the blah little gold hoop that is   almost a mile wide. Or, they are solid gold and  priced over 300.00....can you go look at some Kendra Scott and get busy.

@Thebig I

What???   I don't know where you're getting your fashion information from, but hoop earrings are NEVER out of style .....  and what size anyone wears is based on how dressy or casual the outfit is, and personal taste. 

If you prefer something that QVC isn't offering, remember ....   QVC isn't the only game in town.  You have countless other retailers to choose from.  

Super Contributor

@Shanus

So Beautifully said!!!... You're a GEM of a writer... 😉 Smiley Wink .. 

Honored Contributor

i will say that qvc does not offer enough styles of BIG hoops.....in silver and in gold. i do own a number of different sized hoops, but my favorites are over 1 1/2 inches in width......at least.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Many years ago, must be more than 20, QVC sold small, dime size, thin silver hoops that came with asst. gemstone charms. I think I paid $50 or less. 

I’d love to see that done again. Ripka did it at one time, the charms were sold separately and the price was out of sight. 

I have that set if it’s the one from Silver Style that came from Bali perhaps? I love hoops, all sizes and widths. The only hoops I bought that were not pleasing to me were some twisted ones that were all the rage for a year or so, first done in the gold shows and then replicated in silver. They just were not comfortable to wear.

Honored Contributor

@classic wrote:

@Shanus

So Beautifully said!!!... You're a GEM of a writer... 😉 Smiley Wink .. 

Thanks @classic 💕

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Especially in jewelry, a trend lasts 5 minutes in the huge scheme of things. How many puka shell necklaces and mood rings are you coveting? 

Jewelry is a very personal thing. It can make or break an outfit. Bring tears or laughter to someone. A piece of jewelry can relate love, intentions and promise. A string of pearls or a pin inherited and re-made to enjoy today brings memories of a beloved aunt. 

Nothing, no piece or style of jewelry can be considered right or wrong for someone else. It’s a matter of personal taste.

@Shanus

I'm not sure why, but people seem to confuse the difference between "fad" and "trend".    A fad is something that lasts about 5 minutes.  A trend goes on for a number of years.

What is fad and trend?
The easiest way to categorize a fad is one word: short-lived. ... Trends have a much longer lifespan than fads. In fact, they can continue to be fashionable for years and even decades. The primary difference between a trend and a fad is that trends have the potential to be long-term influencers on the market.