Honored Contributor

Made $2500 Today!🤑🤑

Sold  silver and gold jewelry I was no longer wearing that I bought 15 plus years ago.   I sold most  of my collection 4 years ago and made a small fortune then . Today I parted with more of my collection.

I  kept   my favorite  jewelry pieces....until I am ready to part with them. 

With no children to pass things down to, and being retired, I am slowly downsizing.   

Honored Contributor

Re: Made $2500 Today!🤑🤑

I think we must be twins. I have no kids either. We are the same age, too.Woman Very Happy Glad you made some money! @SeaMaiden

Honored Contributor

SeaMaiden - Good for you!

Enjoy that "found" $2,500.

I keep thinking about doing the same thing. I have bought so much jewelry through the years that I don't wear. Did you take it to a place that buys gold? The ads  are popping up again and I keep thiking about doing it BUT I haven't - yet.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’ve been selling my handbags As well as some jewelry that I no longer love. I’ve made about $2500 so far also.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

SeaMaiden - Good for you!

Enjoy that "found" $2,500.

I keep thinking about doing the same thing. I have bought so much jewelry through the years that I don't wear. Did you take it to a place that buys gold? The ads  are popping up again and I keep thiking about doing it BUT I haven't - yet.

@drizzellla  I go to an upscale  local business called Bellevue Rare Coins.  They buy, trade, sell like a pawn shop  but a real classy, comfortable atmosphere.   I feel comfortable going there and they have good reviews  

Just do your online research to find a place locally by where you live that has current good reviews.  

I am not one to mail off my jewelry  to gold buyers as many people do.   But that is another option for you 

Honored Contributor

Thanks SeaMaiden

My Dad had an extensive coin collection. Unfortunately, my brother took all the silver dollars, silver coins and gold coins. Not sure if any of the pennies and nickels that are left are worth anything. There are several coin shops in the area. Guess I should check them out. 

Trusted Contributor

Congrats on your financial bonanza, SeaMaiden!  Extra money always comes in handy!

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden, that's so exciting to make money off of pieces we no longer are wearing. May I ask how many pieces did you sell to receive that amount?

I've done the same locally within the past month or so but can't say I got nearly that much money in return. Like you, I went to a very upscale shop here that has great reviews. Perhaps my pieces were not as heavy and also I went when gold was about $1287. 

I brought a very heavy substantial sterling silver rolo bracelet and was surprised I only got $15 for it! Thought for sure it would have been lots more. My gold pieces I sold I got about $125 per piece. Lightweight necklaces but still, they were real 14K through and through. I'm assuming yours were too? 

Esteemed Contributor

@iTalia, I was offered very little for my substantial silver pieces so I kept them and gave them to my sisters and nieces instead. 

Honored Contributor

@iTalia wrote:

@SeaMaiden, that's so exciting to make money off of pieces we no longer are wearing. May I ask how many pieces did you sell to receive that amount?

I've done the same locally within the past month or so but can't say I got nearly that much money in return. Like you, I went to a very upscale shop here that has great reviews. Perhaps my pieces were not as heavy and also I went when gold was about $1287. 

I brought a very heavy substantial sterling silver rolo bracelet and was surprised I only got $15 for it! Thought for sure it would have been lots more. My gold pieces I sold I got about $125 per piece. Lightweight necklaces but still, they were real 14K through and through. I'm assuming yours were too? 

@iTalia  Good Morning iTalia!  I had several 20 plus gram pieces( bracelets and necklaces  .  It was the majority of the haul.. the silver jewelry and coins  amounted to only about $200 of the total.   Gold was at about $3100  Silver about $17.   I had a few diamond rings in 14K that I did not sell as I felt the price offered was too low. 

When I sold my haul three years ago I walked out with a $15,000 check.  I sold LOTS of heavy heavy gold pieces I had bought when gold was at $200, and I sold  a nice one caret diamond necklace that I never wore.