Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson has a gorgeous peach ring on her website

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@NYC Susan...My father built a summer home on Long Island where we spent all of our summer vacations and when my sister and I were old enough we ventured into the Hampton's, lots of folks from NYC looking to have fun and I wasn't impressed.  I worked for an advertising firm on Madison Avenue, I never could understand what the big deal was about either location.  I agree with you in that it is very overdone. 

I think you misunderstood my post.  I love the Hamptons.  I don't know what you mean by  "lots of folks from NYC looking to have fun".  That makes it sound wild & trashy, which has not ever been my experience at all.  And what's wrong with people from NYC?  Or maybe I'm misunderstanding?

The Hamptons in general are pretty low-key -  tons of money, many celebrities, but no daily doses of air kisses and people trying to impress each other.  Things are quiet unless you're looking for excitement.  If you want to party big-time, you certainly can. Of course it depends where you go because there's more than one Hampton.  But  they're not the way Lisa has so often described.  It's not people dripping with diamonds lining the streets and going to glamorous parties every day of the week. The lifestyle is generally casual, there's a lot to do related to the arts, the beaches are great, and people hang out at farmers' markets far more often than they go to fancy events.  I find life more peaceful and enjoyable there than anywhere I've ever lived.

I understand you weren't impressed, but I feel enormously lucky that I'm able to have a home there.  I didn't mean that the Hamptons are over-rated.  Far from it.

Respected Contributor

@KKlim wrote:
its Amazing how this poster Jonnysbro ( whoever it may be) tries to get everyone all stirred up here...

I think he/she just wants to keep LR's name out there.  Let's face it, it is free advertising and to even mention the price of a ring and where it can be purchased is pretty forward.  I am surprised QVC allows it on their forum.

I figure even if only one person wanders over to her site and purchases one item, it costs her nothing for the advertising and made her a sale.  I'm sure a lot of people are reading all these posts and not responding.  They are just taking in the info and then going to the site to see what all the talk is about.

If he/she is not affiliated with LR and just has this enormous love and devotion to a sales person, well that is not normal. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@alarmclock wrote:

That picture is the food from a past visit to her sister's house.  Appetizing, huh?

It looks over cooked and dry to me!!

@alarmclock

But ya' gotta love her 'elegant, rustic' trivets underneath the corningwear dishes by the turkey, LOL!

They'll be available on her site soon for the bargain price of $49.95 (each) + shipping!

Just as soon as she goes out in the back yard to look for more wood.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Lisa is a small business. QVC when it first started was tiny and had smaller quantities. This ring is literally very close to being sold out. 2019 is exciting as Lisa is entering her fourth year of biz and shes bringing us more variety. We also have the tribe cruise which that is almost sold out. Shes come a long way

@JONNYSBRO.  Are you going on the cruise?

Boy, the 'Tribe is gonna be in for a rude awakening on that cruise when they see what she REALLY looks like without photoshop and filters, LOL!

Maybe she'll stay in her cabin (you know, seasick or something) and continue to use her FB live feed, projected on a large screen for her 'Tribe'.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Lisa has been to many a ball. She went to the big one the met ball and was smoozing with Sarah Jessica Parker and the who's who

who's who?

That's what Sarah Jessica Parker said when she was introduced to LR.....who?

Valued Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Lisa is a small business. QVC when it first started was tiny and had smaller quantities. This ring is literally very close to being sold out. 2019 is exciting as Lisa is entering her fourth year of biz and shes bringing us more variety. We also have the tribe cruise which that is almost sold out. Shes come a long way

@JONNYSBRO.  Are you going on the cruise?

Boy, the 'Tribe is gonna be in for a rude awakening on that cruise when they see what she REALLY looks like without photoshop and filters, LOL!

Maybe she'll stay in her cabin (you know, seasick or something) and continue to use her FB live feed, projected on a large screen for her 'Tribe'.

@KingstonsMom, I 1000% agree about the rude awakening it’ll be when the tribe sees LR in all her glory AS IS on this cruise! I cannot wait for the tribe to post their own pictures UNFILTERED! I think she’ll make it a requirement they all download the Facetune app and use it before anyone posts anything to her page but we know a few will slip through the cracks. As Rod Stewart says, “the morning sun really shows your age”. Lol. 

I imagine LR will be botoxed up just prior to cruise time though. I’ll never forget the time on Q when she got injections and they went awry and she had to be seen with very awkward lopsided lips that were not proportionally swollen as she had hoped for... HaHa. It was so funny and you can tell LR hated it! Oops. 

Valued Contributor

If anyone is ever interested in seeing what the real LR looks like before she gets her hands on filtering all her pictures... over the summer she was walking the streets of NYC doing FB Live because she thinks everyone just loves to hear her huffing and puffing while she walks and looking at nothing but busy streets. She turned the camera on herself for a split second and it was horrifying!!! A poster took a screenshot of the image. They then posted it to her page and Lisa removed that picture so fast at literally lightning speed! It must have gave even LR nightmares for weeks of her own image. It was really eye opening to see what filters really do for somebody’s appearance. I’m sure the pic is still somewhere out on the internet. See for yourselves the vast difference of what she looks like in real life versus the blurred visions we see of her on FB.

Lisa has always been about smoke ‘n mirrors and creating fantasy scenarios to peddle products. That’s all she knows and that’s why every description of every item is the same verbiage. I really wish Lisa would have made something of herself after leaving Q. I find it sad what she’s doing. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NYC Susan wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

If anyone knows what she (or other sellers) means when she refers to a piece of her jewelry as a STATEMENT piece could you tell me please what is a STATEMENT piece.

@shaggygirl, a statement piece is a piece of jewelry that a woman likes and feels that it represents her personality, her unique style, etc.  Lots of women wear their statement pieces often.  It has nothing to do with status  - It's more personal than that. My MIL had a beautiful gold necklace that was very bold in its design - It was very "her", and she felt good when she wore it so she wore it often.  She loved other jewelry she owned too, but her signature piece was in a category all its own.  (I'm on meds and a little groggy, so I hope this is making sense!)

I've been hearing about statement pieces for many years, long before I ever heard Lisa use that term.  She did not originate it.

@NYC Susan Thank You! That's a very easy to understand explanation of what the word means. Then we have a "status piece". That's another one I don't get.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@alarmclock wrote:

Just like the super expensive junk she peddles a few times a year, this ring is low quality.  If you zoom in on that expensive over priced junk, you will see chipped stones, uneven settings, cloudy/poor quality stones, bad prong work, you name it.

She only allows a seven day return period so no one has a chance to take it to a reputable jeweler and get it looked at.

Clever?

No.

Shady?

You bet.

@alarmclock Have you ever zoomed in on the stitching on the clothes from India? Especially if there's any kind of decorative stichwork of anything around the neckline or hem.

Respected Contributor

I think JB is either an employee of LR or one of her close tribe members. Based on the maturity level, I once thought she was one of LR’s nieces, but I think they are more mature than JB.

So, I read the sudden influx of all these posts as a means to drum up business and a sign that merchandise is not moving. It seems a bit desperate.

The ring is nothing special and I could get something nicer at TJ Maxx or QVC and it would be cheaper. That is my opinion; the ring is not to my taste. I am leery of buying rings from LR because the stone fell out of the last one I bought the first day I wore it. I will have to hope a jeweler can fix it. I won’t but another from her.