Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson has a gorgeous peach ring on her website

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Honestly or even wearing the ring to a beautiful easter brunch at a 5 star hotel. It's all Lisa's purpose in making us feel like we are elite. People can ask how many thousands we spent on this ring and say we bought it on Rodeo Drive. I love seeing the tribe on her Facebook wearing all the beautiful things

Fortunately I don't have any desire to lie to people and tell them that I bought a piece of costume jewelry "on Rodeo Drive".  No one I know would ask how much I spent on jewelry, nor would they care. The whole "Hamptons, Madison Avenue, Rodeo Drive" thing is very, very overdone and super cliche to the point that it's all meaningless.

If Lisa's purpose is to make us feel elite, I would say that's pretty shallow.  Not to mention ineffective.  IMO she's all about image, not about anything real.

Valued Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

This gorgeous beautiful ring Lisa has on the website is a peach ring with sapphires. It's just simply stunning as Lisa would say perfect for a spring luncheon in the Hamptons with a white gown. Its 339 dollars an investment piece and already on last call. U snooze u truly lose.

Hey, Lisa  aka JB- your posts are a snooze. Get a life.

Esteemed Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

I think if we are wearing her items and people are asking what expensive department store we bought I th from or what high end jewelry store it can make us chuckle it didn't break our bank and made us real rich.

I'm not sure how buying a ring for this price from someone who sells from her couch is going to make us rich at all, never mind "real rich".  

If someone likes it, thinks it's pretty, and worth the price, they should buy it.  But it is by no means an investment.  

Esteemed Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

A statement piece is something that attracts u to people or makes u a status symbol.thats what Lisa has done is give us glamour tv

That's not what a statement piece is.  And Lisa is not the one who originated the term.

Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

If anyone knows what she (or other sellers) means when she refers to a piece of her jewelry as a STATEMENT piece could you tell me please what is a STATEMENT piece.

@shaggygirl, a statement piece is a piece of jewelry that a woman likes and feels that it represents her personality, her unique style, etc.  Lots of women wear their statement pieces often.  It has nothing to do with status  - It's more personal than that. My MIL had a beautiful gold necklace that was very bold in its design - It was very "her", and she felt good when she wore it so she wore it often.  She loved other jewelry she owned too, but her signature piece was in a category all its own.  (I'm on meds and a little groggy, so I hope this is making sense!)

I've been hearing about statement pieces for many years, long before I ever heard Lisa use that term.  She did not originate it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sadie45 wrote:

Jonnysbro, I don't spend my money on useless over priced junk or cheaply made jewelry.  Those things don't make me feel elite at all.  Know what makes me feel elite?  My house is paid for, I have a car and a SUV paid for, a great nest egg retirement fund, a large investment account and if you need me to go on and on I can.  Can I buy and pay for whatever I want?  Ya betcha.  Did i do this on my own?  Ya betcha.   Do people know I have money and am successful?  Ya betcha.   But do I have to wear some tacky ring, earrings, or something cheap hanging around my neck?   No I sure don't.  Do I have to carry a large fake purse to show I have money?  No I don't but I do love carrying  my 10 year old Chanel bag with the beautiful chain and leather strap.    Do I wear top of the line shoes?  Ya betcha.   Do I shop quality clothing and jewelry stores.   Ya betcha.  Know why I have all these wonderful things?   I'll tell you why.  I didn't waste  money on junk trying to make people think I'm rich or elite as you put it.   

Obviously you are very proud of yourself as you should be.  Being nice also goes a long way, sarcasm doesn't cut it.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

I don't have an invitation to any luncheons in the Hamptons right now, so I won't be ordering the ring.
Esteemed Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
I don't have an invitation to any luncheons in the Hamptons right now, so I won't be ordering the ring.

I do, but I'm not ordering the ring either.  :-)

Esteemed Contributor

@NYC Susan...My father built a summer home on Long Island where we spent all of our summer vacations and when my sister and I were old enough we ventured into the Hampton's, lots of folks from NYC looking to have fun and I wasn't impressed.  I worked for an advertising firm on Madison Avenue, I never could understand what the big deal was about either location.  I agree with you in that it is very overdone. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

its Amazing how this poster Jonnysbro ( whoever it may be) tries to get everyone all stirred up here...