Valued Contributor

Let's Discuss: Judith Ripka late Aug. 2013 mini-visit--what are you interested in/getting...? :)

Ha-ha, am actually on time with this post--a miracle! Stifling summer heat has finally hit the LA valleys (our temps are always +10 degrees higher than what you see on the national weather maps) making life uncomfortable. Last year it dragged on through the end of September--please no.....! Yesterday was DH's and my 10th anniversary and we celebrated with dinner at a Thai restaurant and then a lengthy Chicago Cubs game (against the LA Dodgers) at Dodgers field. To be a Cubs fan, one must be brave and long-suffering but last night we were rewarded with a stressful 3-2 win, a game that the blogs said was one of the strangest in MLB history. We were a bit scared in our Cubs shirts and had to laugh when other Chicagoans in their Cubs shirts seemed to migrate together for safety, including some 6-foot-plus guys! It is tough being outnumbered 100-to-1 by fans from the other side, watching the stadium go crazy when the Dodgers get a single and consistently hear crickets when the Cubbies do the same and more. But as we were leaving a Dodger fan spotted my shirt and yelled in a nice tone: "Go Cubs!" I yelled back surprised, "oh, oh THANK YOU!" Then he decided to recite the names of Chicago teams, ending the "Da Bears, Da Bears," repeating it over and over until I was out of earshot.

Anyway, nice timing for a JR mini-visit. Here's the short schedule: 4-6AM Eastern Standard Time (1-3AM Pacific Standard Time); Noon-1PM EST (9-10AM PST); 10PM-Midnight (7-9 PST).

What is intriguing you this visit? I have my eye on a couple more goodies on clearance and will probably cave on at least one of them. Please share what Judith design is calling your name and how life is treating you, too! Cool Thanks~Peach