Respected Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka March 2015 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

All I purchased was the TSV in Amethyst on Auto Delivery. I had purchased on 5 EZ pays the clearance Sterling Verona bracelet. That was enough. I get tired of too many EZ pays.

Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka March 2015 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

On 3/12/2015 ibb38 said:
On 3/12/2015 TeachRsPet said: I'm open to something as I haven't bought any Ripka for some time. I'm a bangle girl but it's a no for me as I have the original auto delivery ones with a purple when they were $99 (sigh) and another blue topaz bangle from years ago with 3 large stones.

Same here for me too- I bought the 'live' cuff. Nice sale, it's $99!! I couldn't decide between 'live' and 'laugh' - but I figured 'live' encompasses laughing more each day.

Ibb38, got to agree on the event price.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I already had the "Live" cuff and wanted to add the "Love" cuff eventually but this one I couldn't pass up! ITA that "Laugh" is encompassed... Really looking forward to receiving it! ~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 3/12/2015 Q4U said:

.... I bought the Amethyst auto delivery. The Amethyst bracelet will match nicely with an early 1900's ring in Amethyst I have and a necklace, so I couldn't resist. Also looking forward to the Garnet piece (I wear a lot of reds) and think the third one (with the earrings) is lovely)..... but THEN... I also ordered the "Laugh" bracelet.

I realize that silver should not be as expensive as gold and if you don't want or even like the Ripka designs then you are far better off not buying or even watching.

But when you love a design, think the designer has gone a spectacular job designing the item and you'll get the enjoyment you thought you would when wearing it, then it is worth the price you pay. There is great joy in buying an item that you fall in love with... even if the elements of the item when taken apart aren't nearly worth what you paid. Because with anything that is art-inspired, the worth and the joy is in the eye of the beholder. If I think something I've fallen in love with and will wear with joy is worth the price I pay.... then it is worth it~!

How else can you explain someone paying over a few million dollars for a painting, when the canvas, oils and brushes were minimally expensive? Smile

Q4U, thanks so much for posting! Congrats on the Amethyst TSV and I agree about the antique vibe--sounds pretty that your 2015 bangle will be coordinating with 100+-year-old pieces. It will be fun getting the bangles one by one on auto-delivery and the DMQ earring bonus. Also the "Laugh" bracelet--who could pass up the 1/2 price? Not me, I went for the "Love" version (already have "Live").

And I totally agree with your second paragraph and will leave it at that.

Well said on artistic value. Kiss Can you imagine anyone taking apart the Mona Lisa for current canvas and oil prices? I finally managed to get JR's wide Amethyst Aurora cuff and wore it today out to brunch. It gave me so much pleasure that I was nearly beside myself (doing the happy dance inside of course). There's not much better in life than art, whether it is beautiful clouds in the sky, a well-designed car, sweet pooch walking with guardian down the street or a lovely JR cuff!!

Thanks again for joining this thread! Best wishes~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 3/12/2015 BGDC said:

Hi Peach!

I didn't know you were going through tough health issues now. Sending you a hug and hope you feel great soon!

Same to you, Sweet Pepper!

This has been a stressful winter for many of us, and I look forward to sunshine and sparkles!

BGDC! So nice to see you!! Ah, it is just fall-out after keeping a mostly stiff upper lip dealing with our local police brutality case which after two years of ups and downs is finally satisfactorily ended. The detox protocol seems to be working, so I'm very optimistic.

Here's a thankful hug back to you: Wink

Sunshine and sparkles...sounds good to me. Did you add anything to your JR collection this round? ~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 3/12/2015 Sammycat1 said:
On 3/12/2015 LuckyPeach said:
On 3/12/2015 Sammycat1 said:

Peach, DH went to the area as you instructed and thinks he found the correct page. Does the person in question's first name begin with "L"?

Sammycat, yes, he found it...great! See what I mean about the TMI with personal info? Am going to edit now. Thanks for getting back to me! Take care~Peach

DH says to thank you. He's all tingly now reading about the tech stuff. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Sammycat, oh that's so cool. Now your DH can follow in future just by name. This makes my DH happy knowing someone out there notices. He's spent the best part of the past decade toiling away on this in his lab. The accurate portable invention is valuable given the methane leaks (did you hear about the methane blow holes in Siberia?) popping up due to global warming as well as industrial uses.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled Judith Ripka discussions...did you go for any of the event pricing designs? ~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 3/13/2015 Used2BaQVCaddict said:

Maybe I am odd, but I am just not into Judith Ripka jewelry. I have a beautiful rose quartz pendant/enhancer because I love that particular stone from years ago and had bought the matching earrings, but the stones didn't match in quality compared to the pendant and hung oddly on my ears so ended up sending them back. Her pieces are just a little too busy for me and all look the same...not to mention the prices being so high imho. It might tempt me if she made more pieces using crystal quartz. She did in the past, but by the time I got home from work, and had enough sleep after working midnights they were always sold out.

Now, with Q letting go of so many of their great designers Judith seems to be the Queen Bee of this channel and its just like hearing the same song on the radio too often.

My tastes run much more eclectic and a little more modern. All of her designs seem to have the same rope theme running through them. Sure wish she would expand her line to include something totally new if all we are going to get to see is her jewelry.

Shoot, I am feeling like such a complainer and that totally isn't me to be this way. I just miss the variety we used to have so much where there had been a flavor for everyone. Ya know?

Used2BaQVCaddict, I hear you loud and clear and thanks for posting. I know what you mean about losing the other great designers: Stephen Dweck, Robert Lee Morris, Kirks Folly, etc. Let's face it, the Q isn't what it used to be when they took more risks, had a greater variety and worked much harder on presenting shows with creative sets and merchandise you couldn't find anywhere else.

You may know that JR essentially sold her company, but still remains the designer. I agree that there is some hit-and-miss with quality control, general quality itself and some sameness. The line seems to be trying to appeal to a broader audience while controlling costs to maximize profit. This is very tough for us who came aboard with the expectation of always getting gram weight heft, good stones and design longevity. As consumers we have to work a lot harder to get that from JR (more returns, searching Over There--major auction site--having our own jeweler replace cheap earring posts).

Used2b, I suggest when you have a block of time, that you sift through the 4,000 plus listings Over There (major auction site) of JR items and you just might find what you are looking for. Check out other designers you like. And, at a reasonable price, too!

I don't think you are a complainer at all and appreciate your post. Things have changed and not generally for the better. However, I have to say I am heartened by the Event pricing of several pieces which seem to be showing us a more reasonable direction pricewise. Take care~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 3/13/2015 jewelfool said:
On 3/12/2015 LuckyPeach said:
On 3/12/2015 jewelfool said:

Looking forward to the shows today. I ordered J317224 earrings the other day. I just love earrings and I was itching to buy something earlier in the week!

JewelFool, nice choice! Very cute and classic!! I love forward-facing hoops...especially JR's. Has anything else tickled your fancy? Take care~Peach

YES!! I ordered the turquoise gold clad front facing earrings J323106, the enhancer, and the gold clad bangle J318018....BAD GIRL...I'm never going to be able to retire! Thank you Peach!

Hey JewelFool, am loving the look of Turquoise with clad. So gorgeous and irresistible. Cannot wait for your reviews. We are such bad, bad girls, lol! ~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 3/13/2015 jenagal said: Jewel fool, I really like your turq. purchases. So far I have not ventured down this Turq. Path. That's opening another can of worms for me. Buy one, you have to buy another and on and on it goes. I do love Judiths gold clad and it's so hard to resist. Well the only damage her last trip cost me was 2 TSV bangles, Amy and L. Blue. I'm hoping the blue is softer and not so dark. Under the presentation lighting, it's so bright and colored, you really don't know what it's going to look like till you get it. Well gals, we all ought to love Judiths stuff Smiley Wink) when it arrives. I'm surprised the TSV items only went up $15. I so wanted the A-D, I ordered and cancelled. Now regret. Oh well....you can't own them all.

Jenagal, isn't the Turquoise with clad rich looking? KJL had some really nice costume designs in goldtone and faux Turq.

It is surprising the small distance between TSV and post-TSV pricing, isn't it? I bet if you call Customer Service and ask for a supervisor, you can reinstate the A/D, if you like. The Supervisors are more flexible and able to make changes.

I have noticed a big difference between how a stone looks indoors versus outside in the sunlight. Hope your LBT is what you like! Take care~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 3/13/2015 ibb38 said:
On 3/12/2015 ibb38 said:
On 3/12/2015 TeachRsPet said: I'm open to something as I haven't bought any Ripka for some time. I'm a bangle girl but it's a no for me as I have the original auto delivery ones with a purple when they were $99 (sigh) and another blue topaz bangle from years ago with 3 large stones.

Same here for me too- I bought the 'live' cuff. Nice sale, it's $99!! I couldn't decide between 'live' and 'laugh' - but I figured 'live' encompasses laughing more each day.

The item # is J293935. I changed my choice to 'laugh' after seeing the video, the word 'live' seemed to get a little lost on the models wrists. And laughter is the best medicine after all! Smile

Ibb38, {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} I don't think you can miss with any of them. Glad you picked your fave! ~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 3/13/2015 persiflage said:

Hi Lucky Peach,

I ordered the tsv in both colors (auto del. I will love having 6 of these bangles). Today I received the London blue topaz bangle and just love it. The stones are deeply colored and perfectly matched, the carving is beautiful. I ordered the average size and the fit is fine (my wrist is slightly over 6") with nice movement. I found it to be the same size as the love knot cuff in average and just slightly larger than the pia cuff in average.

Enjoy the rest of the shows!!

Persiflage (I have to look that one up)~Very, very excited to read your review, thanks! Your details make me even more OK with getting both choices on A/D. I'll have the March all review thread up (finally) in the next couple of days and hope you'll contribute. Glad to hear the gems are excellent!!! Thanks again~Peach