Honored Contributor

Kind of an all day jewelry event (Gem Day)

3/23/23.  TSV from Affinity Gemstone will kick it off.  The usual suspects will be there.  JAI will have a show.  But Honora will have a show.  Surprise there.  I thought they left QVC.  American West, etc.  No Ultrafine.  Everything will be wall to wall Sterling.  But it will be all day.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Kind of an all day jewelry event (Gem Day)

I enjoy gem days and fashion days the most.  Though I haven't bought any jewelry on the Q in quite awhile now.   The last couple of things I purchased was on HSN.  They have great sales and free shipping so it's hard sometimes to pass up the deals.    I'll be interested to see what QVC has on that day and Honora??  That's exciting!  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@songbird 

Thanks for notification! Heart

It's not all sterling. I see there will be opportunities for gold -- the Vault show, Effy show, Affinity Diamonds. The TSV may also be set in gold, although I doubt it from an affordability/volume sales perspective. I've seen some new items in Honora online.

It's still nice to be able to a purchase a variety of gemstone jewelry in my size.

Ultrafine is not normally on Gem Day.

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@songbird 

It's not all sterling. I see there will be opportunities for gold -- the Vault show, Effy show, Affinity Diamonds. The TSV may also be set in gold, although I doubt it from an affordability/volume sales perspective.

Yeah I know.  But I thought because there would be so much Sterling. As it is Ultrafine is about once a year now.  Yeah gold might pop up. Hoping in one piece too.  I don't like seeing sterling and gold in the same piece. Although price wise it will be affordable.  Cost in the hundreds instead of the thousands. This gem day will make QVC jewelry more diverse instead of monotonous.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for sharing.  I was very surprised to see an Effy show scheduled.  They have been a fixture at ShopHQ for over a decade! However, I know they lost a lot of their market for a while when the cruises stopped. I got a few great buys from Effy when they joined the Lord & Taylor going-out-of-business store sales.

Now Effy is sold at J.C. Penney, Saks Off Fifth, and a number of other new places.  Unfortunately, like all fine jewelry, prices have gone up, while quality and gold weight have gone down. 

The one thing I like a lot about Effy is they have consistent quality across pieces (similar to LeVian). They usually use a minimally acceptable grade of diamonds, but sometimes they specialize too much in single cut diamonds, which are of less value.

I will certainly be (window) shopping on Gem Day!

Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper  Effy is on Gem Shopping all the time.  In fact they sell jewelry signed by Effy. (Effy Hematian)  They had that the other day. Of course they cost thousands.  

Esteemed Contributor

Can say the last Vault items shown the other night .  When the Host   dispalyed the pink Sapphire 0,85CT  gold ring on sale for $2800 , you could see the inside which was not finished off - cheap setting  noted. THe  ring was originally $4000 , so if that's the quality than count me out. 

I don't think QVC ever offered Effy .

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@songbird 

It's not all sterling. I see there will be opportunities for gold -- the Vault show, Effy show, Affinity Diamonds. The TSV may also be set in gold, although I doubt it from an affordability/volume sales perspective.

Yeah I know.  But I thought because there would be so much Sterling. As it is Ultrafine is about once a year now.  Yeah gold might pop up. Hoping in one piece too.  I don't like seeing sterling and gold in the same piece. Although price wise it will be affordable.  Cost in the hundreds instead of the thousands. This gem day will make QVC jewelry more diverse instead of monotonous.

UltraFine doesn't really do much in gemstones, so that's why it's not on Gem Day.

It's about the gems, not plain metal. 

Although it would be nice if they did more gems--faceted, non-opaque gems--in UltraFine.