Honored Contributor

I get emails from jtv - a couple of days ago I received an email indicating they are now selling Judith Ripka pieces on jtv. Making this announcement was like a real coup they made.

How did they manage this? Where did the pieces come from? Are the long lost jewelry items that used to be sold here by the droves? Judith doesn't design anymore but her daughter does and has a collection less pricey that she sells here, lovely items too.

I have not looked at anything on jtv that are JR pieces so I do not really know if they're items that were here and jtv bought them from the q or not. Kind of odd I think.

Respected Contributor

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr. 14, 2023-- Xcel Brands, Inc. (NASDAQ: XELB), a media and consumer products company with billions of dollars in retail sales through livestream shopping, and JTV®, the national jewelry retailer and broadcast network, today announced a new licensing agreement that will see Judith Ripka fine jewelry sold on JTV . com beginning in June and through the network’s live TV broadcasts beginning in August.

“We’re excited to launch this partnership,” said Robert W. D’Loren, Chairman and CEO of Xcel Brands. “The JTV team’s commitment to jewelry, digital retail and live broadcasting, coupled with their superior manufacturing expertise, make them an ideal licensing partner.

We have committed to significant on-air time with the network, and we’re confident this will be a highly successful collaboration.”

Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

I get emails from jtv - a couple of days ago I received an email indicating they are now selling Judith Ripka pieces on jtv. Making this announcement was like a real coup they made.

How did they manage this? Where did the pieces come from? Are the long lost jewelry items that used to be sold here by the droves? Judith doesn't design anymore but her daughter does and has a collection less pricey that she sells here, lovely items too.

I have not looked at anything on jtv that are JR pieces so I do not really know if they're items that were here and jtv bought them from the q or not. Kind of odd I think.

@PINKdogWOOD   I heard this also.  If you google it you ca see article on it. My guess is QVC won't be selling it anymore. 

Esteemed Contributor

@They Call Me MR Wilkes wrote:

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr. 14, 2023-- Xcel Brands, Inc. (NASDAQ: XELB), a media and consumer products company with billions of dollars in retail sales through livestream shopping, and JTV®, the national jewelry retailer and broadcast network, today announced a new licensing agreement that will see Judith Ripka fine jewelry sold on JTV . com beginning in June and through the network’s live TV broadcasts beginning in August.

“We’re excited to launch this partnership,” said Robert W. D’Loren, Chairman and CEO of Xcel Brands. “The JTV team’s commitment to jewelry, digital retail and live broadcasting, coupled with their superior manufacturing expertise, make them an ideal licensing partner.

We have committed to significant on-air time with the network, and we’re confident this will be a highly successful collaboration.”

@They Call Me MR Wilkes   I just read this.  I got a notice about this from LM Home shopping blog.   If you search her name there is only one piece of hers on QVC. 

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD   When was the last time you saw Ripka presented on QVC?.  I can't even remember.  Everything is all JAI now.

I imagine X-Cel folded their tent and moved on since they got no air time.  That may be what QVC wanted them to do.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Re: Judith Ripka

[ Edited ]

The most recent Xcel-QVC Agreement for Ripka terminated on March 31, 2023.

Either party then had the right to exit, so I agree Xcel took the opportunity to leave.

Given the press release was in April, I'm sure Xcel had been working on the JTV relationship for quite some time in advance of the Q Agreement termination date.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@PINKdogWOOD   When was the last time you saw Ripka presented on QVC?.  I can't even remember.  Everything is all JAI now.

I imagine X-Cel folded their tent and moved on since they got no air time.  That may be what QVC wanted them to do.

@Kachina624 and anyone else who wants to comment. Since you have a good pulse on jewelry have you purchased from JTV?  Wondering about their quality, how they are with customer service, returns etc.

Looking at JTV website there are currently 177 Judith Ripka pieces.  They look similar in design to old QVC pieces, one distinction is they use "Bella Luce" crystals vs Diamonique which of course is a QVC CZ brand.

Honored Contributor

A betrayal?  Wait until Rick finds out.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123   I've bought several items over the years from JTV, kept one and returned the rest.  Quality was poor.  My returns were promptly credited.  I've not heard complaints about their CS.  Quality seems to be hit or miss, but so does QVC's

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I still purchased Ripka from QVC.  I did not care that they were not presented.  I rarely watch QVC.  I am not sure about Jewelry TV.  We shall see?