Honored Contributor

Judith Ripka ring sizes; help please.

Hi everyone. I'm looking at a JR ring but noticed in the video that the rep says "if you're a 6.5, go up to a 7" and Shawn says at the end of the video "Size up".

If you wear a size 9, then a 10 will be too large; does this mean her rings run small or to only size up if you wear a half size?

Have you found that your ring size in other brands is the same in JR?

Thank you for any info!

*I posted this in the JR forum also.

Respected Contributor

Re: Judith Ripka ring sizes; help please.

I've found that her rings fit more snugly on me than others I've purchased. That's probably because hers are more substantial with an undergallery and a thicker band.  I have knuckle issues, so my ring finger needs a 5-1/2 in order to get over the knuckle.  I have to order the 6, or I can't get in on. Hope that helps!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Is it a wide band ring?  Do you have an item number?

Trusted Contributor

Well, I haven't bought a new Ripka ring in a while--probably over a year. However, I have found them true to size. I do usually size up, only because my right ring finger is a half-size larger than my left and since the right ring finger is an 8.5, I usually order a 9. It does depend on the width of the band and whether there is an undergallery. For a wider band, especially with an undergallery, I always buy the 9. However, if it's a narrower band I might be able to get away with an 8.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

These are the two rings:

J325663

and

J322385.

She needs a size 9; she wears a size 9 in the brands of rings with no issue. TIA.

Honored Contributor

If it were me, having seen the two rings, I'd order up a size.  HOwever, I am someone who hates tight things (even a little), and wearing a ring that's a little big wouldn't bother me.  

From past JR ring ordering experience, generally her rings are not sized generously.

Honored Contributor

Size up!☝
Honored Contributor

A band that wide?  Definitely size up with JR.  The only time I've found this not to be true is with Shawn's "special" ring.  I sized up and it fell off.  In the pitch I watched, Shawn said she couldn't help with the sizing.  After that I didn't reorder.  Girl, you can do better than that. 

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

A band that wide?  Definitely size up with JR.  The only time I've found this not to be true is with Shawn's "special" ring.  I sized up and it fell off.  In the pitch I watched, Shawn said she couldn't help with the sizing.  After that I didn't reorder.  Girl, you can do better than that. 

The sizing on Shawn's ring is very tricky because of the width of the ring and the difference in finger types.  When I ordered my regular size I couldn't even get it on.  The next size, which I have kept, usually fits.  Sometimes it is too loose, sometimes it fits, and sometimes it feels snug.  

I think if someone really wants that ring, the best thing to do is to order it in two sizes.  It's going to cost you when you send one back, but it will be the best way to get your right size.

Honored Contributor

I agree with faerie moon.  If ANY purchase is life and death for you, jewelry or clothing, order the two sizes.  That 7.00 return fee is going to look mighty cheap when you end up with the wrong size and can't get the right one anymore.  I rarely do this, but sometimes it is just worth it.  And no, I don't mean life and death literally.  It's a figure of speech.  Just like "devasted," for which someone got mercilessly criticized.