Super Contributor

Re: Judith Ripka and Lisa Robertson were magic

I think we need to give Judith a break. We have no  idea what's going on in her personal life. Look at Kate Spade. She was a wonderful designer, had loads of money, and she took her own life. I'm sure most people looked at her like, you have a perfect life, not knowing what she was going through. Maybe Judith is tired of doing the shows but doesn't want to let her fans down? Or, maybe she is going through something medical. We all know she doesn't need the money. The high end stores are going to sell her jewelry and she has her own website.

Honestly, I don't watch the shows as much as I used to. I do check out things on the shopping channels websites though. And I really count on reviews. You girls really tell the truth about the items and that's so important to me.

When I do watch I wish the hosts would let the vendors, I guess that's what people like Judith are called, do more talking so they can describe their items. After all, they're the ones who designed them.

I do agree that some of the hosts push a little to hard. Yes, we need to know about the product and yes it's their job to sell those products. But some of the hosts and even vendors are just a little too hyper.

If Judith is going through something personal or is having health problems I hope she'll be alright.

Respected Contributor

I watched a few minutes last night on HSN.  I thought Judith was charming.  Only thing that was different she has long standing experience with QVC more seasoned hosts and it shows.  The shows are always very smooth.  There was a bit less rapport with the gal from HSN.  Merchandise was the same.  I tuned in to see if she would show different stuff, but she did not.  It even had Diamonique and not Absolute.  I like Ripka's jewelry and own a lot of it.  It all looks as good as the day I purchased.  

Honored Contributor

Let it go, Lisa was like any other show host who left QVC.  She's moved on and whatever was...was.  It's history and irrelevant.  I have no doubt that the Ripka show with Lynn was a great show because jewelry is Lynn's speciality and she's an experienced host and seems like a lovey person.  It's no different than any other host/vendor relationship; after they are together a few times, they develop a rhythm.  I liked Lisa Robertson but I never liked her shows with Ripka.  They made me laugh out out loud.  Lisa would put on that hoity toity breathless voice and speak in hushed tones like Ripka was a living goddess or something...lol   Thinking about still makes me laugh.  I never knew why she did that.  She didn't do it with any other vendor.  

Honored Contributor

No, they were not.

How long has it been since LR left the Q?

Trusted Contributor

hollysunshine:  I think someone figured out awhile ago that LR left the Q either the day of or day after Johnnysbro signed up to post.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@JONNYSBRO 

Last few times watching Judith Ripka on Qvc something seems off with her. 

She looks tired and bored. Mabey time for a change? Do wish her well. 

@JONNYSBRO@Sweet_Serenity I always thought she acted bored even with Lisa.  The only person who has ever livened up Judith is Ric D.  

Respected Contributor

Judith always struck me as a phony parvenu designing overpriced, often tacky jewelry. I don’t recall lisa and Judith together, but, then, I did not like Ripka’s vibe, so I would tune out. Bit by but, I have tuned out qvc2 almost completely. Lisa retired, and, per some comments here, maybe Judith is bored and ready to retire, too?

Respected Contributor

Every piece LR presented was “amazing, amazing” spoken in a reverent, whispered voice, and Judith was basically stoic and quiet. That got stale real quick. Rick is good at getting her to grin and show some of her personality. 

Honored Contributor

Here's a fun video of Lisa and Judith together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWpI0mHEtJs

Respected Contributor

I have to agree that Judith always looked bored and felt the whole selling on tv was beneath her and her Madison Avenue jewelry.  But, of course, Judith probably just saw the dollar signs and soldiered on like the good vendor that she is. 

As far as LR and her worshipping the finer things and loving to be surrounded by money, I think she does and I find that to be so sad.  What a life she must not have to be so absorbed in material things.