Contributor

I just saw a Judith Ripka ring and there is no presentation video. There is one review dated in May 2021, so I guess I should not expect a live presentation of this ring.  Do they still have JR hours/shows?

Honored Contributor

@mizrich wrote:

I just saw a Judith Ripka ring and there is no presentation video. There is one review dated in May 2021, so I guess I should not expect a live presentation of this ring.  Do they still have JR hours/shows?

@mizrich 

Why don't you list the item number, so if anyone here has it, they might see this thread and give you some information?   I have 3 Ripka rings and know how important it is to get as much info as possible before making a purchase decision.

Good luck!

Respected Contributor

Judith Ripka sold her company a while back but still did QVC shows.  A few years ago she retired from shows and had her family members represent her on air instead.

Now it seems that the product inventory is dwindling and perhaps the line is somewhat phased out.

The similar experience seems to have happened with Eternagold and Honora, all once mainstays of QVC jewelry. The former owners all seemed to get out before jewelry sales tanked. Of course the increase in prices for gold, silver and gems also affected production and costs.

I real appreciate the high quality craftsmanship and fancy details of JR jewelry, especially when she designs in gold.  Just these past two years I have purchased five gold JR rings, all at good sale prices, one as low as $200.00 (regularly $3000.00!!). They are now all gone forever from inventory.  

It is doubtful there will ever be a video.  

If you are willing to take a chance and order, you should have 30 days to return.  Just be prepared to lose shipping charges to and from QVC.  (There were a few JR blowout clearance nonreturnable items earlier this month, but I think they are all gone now.)

Contributor

I ordered it and I love it.  Too bad that JR is no longer designing jewelry

Trusted Contributor
I have gone to you tube to view old qvc jewelry. click on the specific item*not number item itself) and a ton of videos pop up. I don't think every item is there, but 90% of the time I have found it.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Judith Ripka Ring

[ Edited ]

Another high-quality designer is Sonia Bitton on ShopHQ.  She has a very nice line of diamonds and gold along with gemstones. 

If you need to know anything about a purchase you can call her number and if she is in the office she will talk to you personally.

I do not know of anyone else who does that; she has a wonderful personality.

Respected Contributor
Funny, I noticed all her pieces were on big clearance prices! I not only miss the past hosts but now some favorite lines as well. Sad!
Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

Judith Ripka sold her company a while back but still did QVC shows.  A few years ago she retired from shows and had her family members represent her on air instead.

Now it seems that the product inventory is dwindling and perhaps the line is somewhat phased out.

The similar experience seems to have happened with Eternagold and Honora, all once mainstays of QVC jewelry. The former owners all seemed to get out before jewelry sales tanked. Of course the increase in prices for gold, silver and gems also affected production and costs.

I real appreciate the high quality craftsmanship and fancy details of JR jewelry, especially when she designs in gold.  Just these past two years I have purchased five gold JR rings, all at good sale prices, one as low as $200.00 (regularly $3000.00!!). They are now all gone forever from inventory.  

It is doubtful there will ever be a video.  

If you are willing to take a chance and order, you should have 30 days to return.  Just be prepared to lose shipping charges to and from QVC.  (There were a few JR blowout clearance nonreturnable items earlier this month, but I think they are all gone now.)

@FancyPhillyshopper 

I'm not clear what you are referring to because I don't buy much jewelry .... I already have more than I need.  What do you mean "jewelry sales tanked"?  When was this?  

Respected Contributor

Re: Judith Ripka Ring

[ Edited ]

@mizrich wrote:

I ordered it and I love it.  Too bad that JR is no longer designing jewelry

well, she's getting up there in years and maybe just doesn't want to work as hard as she has.

One of the hosts (I think it was Jane though I hate to admit I was watching her show) said that Joan Rivers used to joke that she had to have her doorman fasten all her jewelry on her. Miss her so much.

Esteemed Contributor

I think jewelry was QVC's wheelhouse. Back when it first started out it was one of the best places to buy jewelry.Their prices were competitive, if not the best price out there. Dominique was set in gold, and promised it would never be set in anything but precious metals. Then gold prices soured, and they started to set it in cheap overlay. The magic they created was gone.