Occasional Contributor

Judith Jewelry Rhodium Plated

Does anyone know if Judith Sterling is still Rhodium plated?? I know it used to be way back when. However, none of the current jewelry descriptions state that the Sterling is rhodium plated. Please help
Honored Contributor

Re: Judith Jewelry Rhodium Plated

I loved the JR shows years ago and bought a lot of beautiful well made (loved the intricate designs even on the back/inside).  So much fun fan club and well priced, well made jewelry. I know many of my pieces were stamped made in Thailand.   I haven't bought any in years since she sold her company.    Good luck and enjoy!

Honored Contributor

I'm fairly sure most of the original Ripka jewelry was platinum clad. That was her preference. She did have some gold pieces that were not clad.   

Honored Contributor

Certain hosts have said platinum clad and rhodium clad are the same thing.  Therefore they are interchangeable.  Legally are they on thin ice?  

Yes, ALL silver JUDITH jewelry is rhodium plated.

Occasional Contributor

I agree, the vintage pieces are so beautifully made, look exactly like platinum pieces.  Nothing like them today.

Honored Contributor

I have no idea if they do.  I only purchased one of her bracelets.  I love it.  But I don't wear it very often.  It's sitting in my jewelry box that is not for Sterling Silver (it's not treated to keep silver from tarnishing) and it still looks shiny.  So I suppose they were rhodium treated. I certainly never polished it. It's one of the heaviest bracelets I ever had.  Solid beads (big ones too)  and it's rather heavy. One reason I don't wear it often.