Frequent Contributor

Joan Rivers Polar Bear Pin - J260944

I love pins - especially unique, bold special pins. When I saw this new polar bear pin I ordered it right away. It would be a great ALL winter, not just Christmas, pin. Then I canceled it. You know.....I have bought quite a few pieces of Joan Rivers jewelry, and not inexpensive pieces either. They have broken or fallen apart or the metal finish has worn off, I have lost stones etc. When I tried to get these pieces fixed by Joan's company I was basically told to "fry ice" - tough luck. So...as much as I would have loved this pin, I am afraid that if it loses crystals or the pin mechanism fails, I will be out over $100. It's too bad. I own tons of items from Nolan Miller, Kenneth Jay Lane, and Heidi Daus, and whenever I have had issues with the pieces, I have sent them back to their respective companies and they were fixed better than new. I just can't bring myself to "reward" Joan Rivers by purchasing more of her items and then be "left out in the cold" because she won't stand behind her product. It's a shame.