Honored Contributor

Re: Jewelry storage question - boxes ?

@Julie_23. I purchase the treated velvet-type cloth that prevents tarnishing. Then I glue it inside any size box or tray or bowl that fits nicely in my drawers. I've even lined silverware/utensil divided racks (great for bracelets and necklaces. The fabric can be purchased from jewelry stores, jewelry supply catalogs, etc. I use RioGrande.com. 

Note: Since I make jewelry and wear many silver or silver w/ turquoise cuffs or bracelets every day, I lined a low sided basket with the tarnish free fabric (just loosely stitched it along top edge of basket). I keep it on top of my dresser w/ all my bracelets as a display, but also easy to choose which 5 or 7 (😜) to wear that day. Jewelry is fun to look at. Try to keep it out where you can see it and remember to wear it. If something tarnishes, a Sunshine Cloth cleans it up in seconds.  

Valued Contributor

Thanks so much, everybody!!

(And thanks, @Kachina624, for the anti-tarnish info.  I was definitely wondering that.)

Honored Contributor

Many years ago QVC sold pouches that were tarnish resistant, had leaves that turned like pages in a book and each leaf had various size pouches in it that were clear plastic & zip closed.I have 3 of those pouches - one for gold jewelry , one for silver and one for Lee Sands / Jay King type natural stone jewelry. I have a jewelry armoire where the pouches perfectly fit in a drawer.The other 2 drawers on my armoire have "fashion" jewelry in them.The pouches have worked beautifully to prevent tarnish on my pieces.

Trusted Contributor

I like Lori Greiners Silver Safekeepers.  I have a small travel roll-up bag and a hanging one.  I don't think she makes those anymore.  Also have one of her small jewelry boxes which is lined with that material.  I really like them.  You have to make sure you polish your sterling silver first before putting in the box.