Honored Contributor

I was going to look at the Judith Ripka watches yesterday and was VERY surprised to see there were only eight styles available!    What's happening?

I recall that JR was a very huge presence on QVC .... is because she retired or is the company being phased out?   

What do you know about this?  TIA!

Valued Contributor

Re: JUDITH RIPKA LEAVING QVC?

I believe Judith has left the building.

Esteemed Contributor

I heard that Judith retired & her DIL took over.Then I heard that QVC moved passed the line.🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44   Yes, she did sell the company and her daughter in law appeared on Q to present JR jewelry, but I think the style for big "in your face" jewelry went out years ago. Her silver and diamonique or silver and gemstone pieces were too expensive in comparison. I think her jewelry stopped selling well here. Even her gold pieces were too expensive just because JR was stamped inside.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Tinkrbl44   Yes, she did sell the company and her daughter in law appeared on Q to present JR jewelry, but I think the style for big "in your face" jewelry went out years ago. Her silver and diamonique or silver and gemstone pieces were too expensive in comparison. I think her jewelry stopped selling well here. Even her gold pieces were too expensive just because JR was stamped inside.

Yes @Shanus . I also noticed when she sold the company that her pieces that were fine jewelry they used 14k instead of 18k gold in addition to I1 diamonds and J-K colors all poorly cut. I know this because I ordered a pair of 14k gold amethyst earrings where the diamonds looked like gravel from the street. Woman Mad

Honored Contributor

She sold the company and left quite a while ago.  

Respected Contributor

Judith Ripka Jewelry was purchased by Xcel Brands in 2014 for 22 million dollars. They also own Isaac Mizrahi, among other brands. Both he and Ripka are listed on the Xcel Brands website as chief designers for their brands.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I heard that Judith retired & her DIL took over.Then I heard that QVC moved passed the line.🤷‍♀️

@NicksmomESQ 

Well, from the other posts here, she just didn't retire ... she sold the company.  Selling for $22 million doesn't seem like very much .... JMO 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44   Wow!! The plot thickens.Interesting.

Honored Contributor

I just took a look at what's on here now from her line. 

All I can say is that if you were wanting a cocktail ring, she always had several to choose from!