Respected Contributor

Isaac M. Ceramic Watch--Battery Issue

If you got the Isaac M. Ceramic watch that was the TSV in July and also yesterday's TSV, have you gotten the battery changed yet? If so, have you had a problem getting a new battery from a local jewler. Some have stated that this could be a problem. Anyone that can address this issue, it would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Isaac M. Ceramic Watch--Battery Issue

I am also having issues with a battery  and I bought my watch just this past spring,  I shouldn't have to send it in I should be able to go to a jewerly store and replace the battery,  but I'm reading that's not the case,  anyone know? 

Contributor

I also had issues with a ceramic watch I bought from Isaac M. About six months after I bought it, it quit keeping time. I didn't have any trouble getting the battery replaced, but that didn't fix the problem. It still didn't keep time, and I ended up throwing it away.

Honored Contributor

Join the club. I paid 350 on a GOLD watch and I finally found a man that could put a battery in if he closes up shop I'm ------------. Wish these people who make watches would put a spot on the back , so, any jeweler can pop the back.

Valued Contributor

This is a design concern. I have to hit the streets with my yellow ceramic watch hoping a jeweler can do a battery change. I own five other Issac ceramic watches and wouldnt have purchased if I had known a battery replacement was an ordeal. Thanks for the warning. 

Super Contributor

I also had this issues and i had bought 4 of them when he first had them on a TSV and when the battery dies i took in to a local jewelery store that i deal with and they had to send it in and it was over 30.00 for the replacement. Needless to say i will never buy another watch of his again.

Honored Contributor

I have three Gucci classic style watches, and the battery can only be replaced by jeweler's who have a special Gucci tool.

i love the watches, hate the battery problem.

Esteemed Contributor

I have three of the IM ceramic  watches. Today, I had to replace the battery in one. I could not do it at the regular chain jewelry stores such as Kays, LeRoys,etc. They just told me the price but when  they looked at the back, they said they couldn't do it. I remembered a high end independent jewelry store, so I stopped in to see if they could  do it. They said they could do it but these types of watches required more patience and time to do it. 30 minutes later, I left with the battery replaced. They said special tools were required because of the very tiny screws and patience. The funny thing is that they charged me less than what LeRoys quoted me for a battery change before deciding they couldn't do it.

I live in a state in which cities are not big. The city in which I got my battery replaced has about 40,000 population. Just  go to a high end jewelry store instead of the usual jewelry store.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Occasional Contributor

I work at a small family owned Jewelry store. We change batteries in Isaac's watches all the time. It's not a problem when you have the proper tools. The battery itself is a common number, the price is 8.50. Normal price for a battery install.
Honored Contributor

@Qtrhorse wrote:
I work at a small family owned Jewelry store. We change batteries in Isaac's watches all the time. It's not a problem when you have the proper tools. The battery itself is a common number, the price is 8.50. Normal price for a battery install.

This is really a very nice post!

I pay a little over $20 each to have the batteries changed in my 3 Guccis, for the same reason. The batteries cost pennies, the "removalofthebackofthewatch" tool, is what I'm paying the big bucks for.

The jewelry shop is very nice, and I'd probably leave a lot more money there, but I just can't justify shopping too often when I know I'm being had every time a battery goes dead.

Thank your store owner for me Qtrhorse. A great way to build trust and increase business.