Honored Contributor

Is the Ming bracelet on wire?

I just tuned in and checked the board for info on the bracelet. There doesn't seem to be much buzz. I see that the necklace, which I did not buy, is on wire. Is the bracelet? I want some loose drape, not a bracelet that fits like a bangle. I actually ordered M & L, to be sure I get that drape. I don't trust that 7 1/4" fit to be loose on my average wrist. I am getting way pickier on my jewelry purchases lately, from everyone.

Super Contributor

Re: Is the Ming bracelet on wire?

I haven't heard them mention anything, the image pic looks like it's wire.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I don't know about you other Honora lovers but I have been very disappointed on the offerings so far this visit. Seems like nothing but bronze with a few pearls mixed in. Not tempting me at all....except for the Splash combo which I already received and love. Might have to get that other coral color too but otherwise I'll pass on all that bronze. DH will be so happy.

Super Contributor

In the close up before the video begins, I see wire.

In a bracelet with large beads / pearls, there wouldn't be much drape anyway.

Frequent Contributor

I wouldn't be surprised if this was strung on wire. There are several good reasons to do so. First of all, anything worn on the wrist is more likely to get wet than items worn around the neck. If silk was used to string the pearls, it is weaker when wet and can stretch. It wouldn't take too much time before the string broke or stretched to the point it looked bad. Heavy pearls, like these Ming pearls, can also cause the silk to stretch over time. There are other products out there that are resistant to water, but not as easy to source as the silk. Also, if strung on wire there is no additional cost for labor to knot the bracelet.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I heard the host say the bracelet is on some 'new' type of wire.

Respected Contributor

i thought i heard Ralph say the Ming bracelet with magnetic clasp is strung on a kind of steel wire.

Respected Contributor

I own this bracelet (bought it when it was a TSV) and it is strung on wire. It is a little more ridged so no drape on me. I love that it is on something stronger than silk. The Ming pearls are bigger and heavier than normal pearls, so I think the wire will make the bracelet last longer.

I know some do not love the bronze, but the color works so well with my skin tone. I tried to fight purchasing bronze but it is so flattering with a nice summer tan. I wear all my Honora bronze at least twice a week and sometimes more.

No regrets at all buying this bracelet and half tempted on getting another to stack.

Deb

Respected Contributor

On 6/23/2014 lboone said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this was strung on wire. There are several good reasons to do so. First of all, anything worn on the wrist is more likely to get wet than items worn around the neck. If silk was used to string the pearls, it is weaker when wet and can stretch. It wouldn't take too much time before the string broke or stretched to the point it looked bad. Heavy pearls, like these Ming pearls, can also cause the silk to stretch over time. There are other products out there that are resistant to water, but not as easy to source as the silk. Also, if strung on wire there is no additional cost for labor to knot the bracelet.

I agree with all you've said lboone, but there are downsides to wire. The pearls grind together where they touch, since there are no knots to keep them separated and wire enlarges drill holes.

Trusted Contributor

On 7/27/2014 SFGIANTSGIRL said:

I own this bracelet (bought it when it was a TSV) and it is strung on wire. It is a little more ridged so no drape on me. I love that it is on something stronger than silk. The Ming pearls are bigger and heavier than normal pearls, so I think the wire will make the bracelet last longer.

I know some do not love the bronze, but the color works so well with my skin tone. I tried to fight purchasing bronze but it is so flattering with a nice summer tan. I wear all my Honora bronze at least twice a week and sometimes more.

No regrets at all buying this bracelet and half tempted on getting another to stack.

Deb

I purchased the very first Honora Ming pearl with bronze bead necklace that QVC offered and I love it. Like you, I love the color against my skin and it especially looks beautiful in the summer when I have a little tan. The colors in the Ming pearls next to the bronze is very striking. It also makes more of a fashion statement than regular classic pearls (which I also have and love). Ming pearls are heavy and need to be on a wire.