Frequent Contributor

Re: Is Shop HQ still in business?

My Comcast dropped them in the last month.   Anything I've read about them talks about financial troubles.  They've almost gone under multiple times but they always seem to find a way to save themselves.  

Respected Contributor

A few months ago I got a notice in my Comcast bill that they were discontinuing ShopHq back in May. Well, I still have it, they must have reached an agreement somehow.

Honored Contributor

@nova wrote:

Yes they are still around and agree with @songbird  that SHQ sells beautiful gold jewelry.  If you shop during an event the prices are better though their shipping is always higher than other networks.  I just saw on Instagram a post by Michael Valitutti that he won't be on American TV for a while but you can shop for his pieces directly off his website.  I was one of those SHQ customers who had shipping issues getting his merchandise.  Once I finally got it I was very pleased with the beautiful gemstone.

Yes, very, very high shipping.  Only one time, I saw an 18K braclet close to the introductory price and I ordered and by a fluke....!  FREE shipping! I didn't know at the time.  Only that time I lucked out. Usually you pay through the nose...

Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

I very seldom watch ShopHQ anymore b/c of their S&H of 5.99. I watch on Roku. I did see a beautiful dress when I was channel surfing this evening, nice price but due to 5.99 S&H I passed.

I seldom buy anything from ShopHQ, mostly makeup deals, etc.  But a few weeks ago I brought 2 items, a skirt amd another item, and the shipping cost for each was $7.99.  I'll stick with the sales on QVC for $3. 50.

Honored Contributor

I'm waiting on a Michelle Albala necklace tomorrow to be delivered.  Very unique piece.  Happy they send out 20% off coupons weekly via email.  And 18 month interest free financing is a plus on the HQ card.

I never watch HQ any more.  But peruse online all the time.  And purchase!  Many items I buy (jewelry) don't even air, there's no video.  I just go by the description.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I'm waiting on a Michelle Albala necklace tomorrow to be delivered.  Very unique piece.  Happy they send out 20% off coupons weekly via email.  And 18 month interest free financing is a plus on the HQ card.

I never watch HQ any more.  But peruse online all the time.  And purchase!  Many items I buy (jewelry) don't even air, there's no video.  I just go by the description.

I've purchased some 18K gold sight unseen.  I kept each purchase. It's hit or miss on the shows. As they don't keep good videos of the items.  I know the brand of gold I want, and just keep checking online. I buy more online, then watching the shows.  Gold is all I buy from them.You're correct about not showing some gold. I don't waste time, if I like the looks of it online, I buy it. Really lousy setup on their web site. 

Honored Contributor

My Comcast still carries it too. Their shipping is a major deterrent, now charging $15 to ship a nice piece of jewelry.