Contributor

642-534 Evine 

My question is Retail is 2520.00, Evine price is 1350.00 and Clearance is 337.48

The dial is Meterorite. Made in China.  China has been making fake watches with brand names and selling them off as of legit according to the news..

No where is "Genuine Meterorite" written on the watch. How can anyone trust China to put in what Invicta is saying about the watch. If this was Swiss Made I wouldn't question it.  I looked at watches by Earnshaw and they all have Meteroite or Genuine Meteroite written on them. His watches are Swiss Made.

I don't understand why Invicta would not label this on their watches. If it is not engraved on  it there is no proof that is what a person is buying. 

What do you think of Invicta? Real or not?      

Honored Contributor

Re: Invicta Watch

[ Edited ]

@MsMN   I've been buying Invicta watches from Evine and it's predecessors for years.  They have a close working relationship with Evine and would not jeopardize it over something like a tiny piece of meteorite.  Invicta is a good serviceable, dependable watch you can wear and use everyday.  I have many and not a single one has ever needed a repair.  They are not a luxury brand.  Although they make watches with diamonds, the quality of the stones is mediocre.... never heard them claim otherwise.   If these watches were Swiss made, and fewer are being made there, the price difference would make them prohibitively expensive.  If they say it's meteorite, in my opinion, they're correct.  Often their watches have such info incised on the back of the case. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

MSMN:  don't get too hung up on retail prices shown.  The markup on watches is very, very, very high and most are sold at some discount in most places.  I'm not saying it's not a good price,  but it's hard to judge with a dial that isn't produced by many watch brands.  So it's a high end specialty item and the few manufacturers that offer it can price it anywhere they want.

As for whether the dial is real.... it's an intersting question.  And you could ask the same question about any other watch component.  Is it real and is it quality?   As with diamonds,  there might be  different grades of meteorite.  I have no idea where this one would fall.

I tend to agree wth Kachina that it's most likely real.  I can't see enough of the back of the watch in the photos or in the video presentation to tell if it says meteorite anywhere on the case back.  

They focused enough attention on the dial during the video of the presentation that they are representing it to be genuine meteorite.  If it's not,  that's a huge issue.

As for whether it's inscribed on the watch,  I don't think that's a factor in it's authenticity.

Regular Contributor

I also wondered if the meteorite dial was real.  No where, front or back does it state that. Now that strikes me as odd.  Wouldn't the paper work then state it?  Its' being sold as meteorite, then why not put that detail somewhere?  Unless it's not real.  Hmmm.  Well anyway all these years I've passed on them because I didn't want to pay the high price.  This particular watch with a discount I landed, brought the price down so I caved. 

Today I just returned it.  It was nice.  I'd like to see a number of them to see where it stood in the lineup.  But it wasn't bad for I was expecting a grey dial with not much detail.  But it was there and lovely.  So unless it's stated meteorite, then I don't really believe that it is.  Because I didn't need another unique watch in my collection, I returned it today.  I can't own them all. 

Respected Contributor

Meteorite is like MOP. It's a crapshoot. You never know what you're getting. Rolex adds a hefty price tag to all of their meteorite dials and I am assuming they get the first pick. There might be some type of regulation governing the export of meteorite. Then again, we dont really know where they sourced the meteorite. There are different fields and it's not all Gibbeon meteorite anyway.

I have a meteorite dial already on a pro diver and that was far cheaper than the watch now offered by evine. 

Invicta prices are deliberately inflated, so that people get a deal. DJF once told me that they were priced at one-quarter of that MRSP price for resale. Back in the day he sold Invictas in his store. 

ShopNBC used to put MSRP up; at some poit, they adjusted the prices so that they are more reasonable.

There 's a lot of things that have changed since 2006. Basically, it's coming down to whether you like a watch and are willing to shell out money. That's about it.