Esteemed Contributor

Re: Indian Market Santa Fe 2016

As I live in Show Low, I went to the Heard Indian "Market" several years ago.  It was less than half the size of the Santa Fe event but there was more opportunity to interface with the artists and most of my favorites were there.  I also liked being able to enter the museum and take a break from the crowd.

Valued Contributor

Hey Pat--I was there yesterday, too!  Wasn't the weather gorgeous?  Did you see Kenneth Johnson in his booth?  He is SO handsome.  Last year he was doing a presentation at Ortega's on the Plaza, and I got to talk to him for a while--he is just as sweet as he is cute!  We like to go and people watch--I always find something I like (usually some type of artwork) and my husband says we'd need to buy another house to have a place to hang it--LOL!  I love the jewelry, too, but I get all of my jewelry here and at HSN!  I WILL say that I'm STILL lusting after the cuff bracelet of Kenneth's that I saw that day--perhaps one of these days!

Frequent Contributor

Would love to go to the Santa Fe Indian Market someday. But it would be way too much temptation for me. I'd have to drive home instead of flying, because I'd never get through airport security with all my newly-purchased metal.

Respected Contributor

@patbz wrote:

As I live in Show Low, I went to the Heard Indian "Market" several years ago.  It was less than half the size of the Santa Fe event but there was more opportunity to interface with the artists and most of my favorites were there.  I also liked being able to enter the museum and take a break from the crowd.

OMG!  We drive through Show Low twice a year.  Our main residence is in Illinois but we have a house in Pinal County.  DH and I plan on moving to Az. full time in the not to distant future.  We have said that we would like to explore Show Low and Snowflake to get away from the summer heat. 

What a nice town you live in.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Day,  Thank you we love it too.  We moved here 9 years ago after living in the Mojave Desert for 25 years.  We found our home by doing an internet search (we had never been to S.L.  but wanted to live in the AZ mountains).

Occasional Visitor

Absolutely love (!) Indian Market in Santa Fe.  Try to attend at least every other year if not yearly, but, did not make it this year.  Michael Kirk is one of my favorites with his "feather" bracelet cuffs, both the stone inlay and without.  Good Buffalo creates some beautiful leather bags that are both beautiful and practical being made from buffalo hides.  Terrance Guardipee's ledger art is a feast for the eyes.  Always enjoy seeing what pieces he has brought to the market.  Then there is the gallery (cannot remember the name) about a block down from the square on San Francisco just beyond Ortega's On the Plaza that hosts the artist/sculptor that drives into town in an old truck that he parks in front of the gallery with numerous exquisite wooden sculptures strapped to the sides, top and in the open back bed.  Have watched him unload these pieces on a number of occasions and simply marvel at his sculpting mastery.  Cannot imagine how I would ever get one of the pieces back home so never inquire as to the prices, but, cannot help but appreciate his talent.  Will definitely be there in 2017!

Honored Contributor

I found some pics on a memory card I had from back in May of Santa Fe. Some of the Plaza and some from my hotel room. LOL

Gives you an idea of what Santa Fe, N. M. looks like.

DSC00003.JPGDSC00002.JPGDSC00001.JPGDSC00008.JPG