Respected Contributor

If I Were a Jewelry Designer

And I was making a cuff bracelet that has a hinged kickstand, I would make it so the ends are closer together.  Because if you have the kickstand making it easy to get on and off, then you can close the ends and not leave such a big gap.

Honored Contributor

Re: If I Were a Jewelry Designer

@sparklestar wrote:

And I was making a cuff bracelet that has a hinged kickstand, I would make it so the ends are closer together.  Because if you have the kickstand making it easy to get on and off, then you can close the ends and not leave such a big gap.

Interesting......this is actually why, although I see some that I like very much, I never buy this style.

Respected Contributor

@violann It's been bugging me for the longest time.  They have a nice Or Paz bangle I wanted to purchase, but like you said, I won't for that very reason.  I just do not get the concept of such a huge gap.

Frequent Contributor

When there is a huge gap mine always get caught on something and come off. I always take a bracelet that has the elastic holding the beads and tie it or wrap around the end of the cuff,that way if the cuff comes off it doesn't fall off your arm because it is being held on by the elastic band. It has saved me from losing a very expensive cuff.