Honored Contributor

Diamonique is cubic zirconia, it's a simulated diamond.  It's fake stone that will not test as a diamond.  Lab created diamonds are like lab created sapphires and emerald.  They are created in a lab they are genuine stones.  They are created in a lab not mined from the Earth.  

Honored Contributor

I  would compare the prices on to the prices on JTV.  doesn't hurt to look for the best deal.Smiley Happy

New Contributor

no , its cubic zirconia 

Honored Contributor

@Ceeshop wrote:

no , its cubic zirconia 

What's cubic zirconia?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm confused

[ Edited ]

@Ceeshop :  Lab created diamonds are diamonds, not cubic zirconas  If you are still confused, Google the difference.

Respected Contributor

i worked for a manufacturer who made CZ and they had the contract to make Diamonique. They had a separate lab where they created the CZ. it was made inside a  round vat like a cake. There were three or four of these "cooking"   inside was  the Zirconium powder heated by coils.  it was a big deal when they broke open the crucible. if all conditions were perfect they would have a "gob" with clear rough. the CZ crystals are elongated crystal blocks.

Honored Contributor

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Isn't Diamonique lab grown?

I always thought that Diamonique was a diamond simulant just like CZ and not synthetic or lab grown. When I purchased items from JTV they were careful to distinguish the difference between an item being simulant or diamond simulated vs lab created which is just like a real diamond.

Diamonique is a trademarked name for CZ. CZ is a diamond stimulant. It does not have the same chemical and physical properties of diamonds. CZ, including Diamonique CZ and Absolute CZ sold at HSN, looks like diamond but is made out of different substances than diamonds. There are a few formulas for CZ. CZs are chemically and physically different from diamonds.

Lab grown diamonds are made out of the same chemicals as the diamonds found in nature. In nature, it takes millions of years of extreme heat and pressure within the earth to turn this chemical, carbon, into diamond, still made of carbon but with a crystal arrangement of the carbon molecules. 

Super Contributor

@sunshine 919 : Cubic zirconia is a man-made diamond stimulant. Not to be confused with zircon, a natural gemstone.