Super Contributor

Re: I love Judith but these prices are ridiculous...

It seems to be a trend in the jewelry business now to charge very high prices for silver jewelry. I was looking at David Yurman yesterday at Bloomies and everything was above one thousand dollars... basically a few inexpensive gemstones with sterling silver. The cuffs are now triple in price what they used to be...

Since gold has become prohibitive in price, it seems that these types of jewelry are becoming substitutes for the beautiful heavy gold pieces of my youth that were fairly plentiful. One did not have to be rich to own them. Now sterling silver is filling a void in women's lives that enjoy jewelry. However, I think Judith's prices are exceeding their value in the sense that they appear to be inexpensive to produce.

I have some of her couture jewelry from Saks from years ago that now cost less than these diamonique pieces that she makes.. When she first came on air I purchased some of her silver without the diamonique and it still looks beautiful. When watching her offerings as of late, I am not tempted. She is overcharging and needs to get back to reality....

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Prices are too high and designs are always the same and getting uglier....

Super Contributor

As long as her stuff is selling, she will be around. I personally think her stuff is totally overpriced and getting more expensive with each time she visits. Oh well, to each his own..
Super Contributor

Don't love her that much. She can take my $ and I sit on sofa with overpriced jewelry or I can keep my $ and take a fab vaca for those prices.
Trusted Contributor

I have a sneaky suspicion that she's laughing all the way to the bank...
New Contributor

I'm glad I'm not alone. I have her Ostrich jewelry box filled to the brim with her jewelry, which I love. I think she is a very talented designer. However, in the last few years, her prices have continued to rise well above the increase in silver prices. It seems that they have used that as an excuse; however the increase in her prices is disproportionate to the increase in silver.

What upsets me about this is that her supposed purpose in bringing her jewelry to QVC was to give us her couture designs at affordable prices. That really isn't the case any longer.

Just as an example, I noticed a bracelet on the website J311784, which is $323. I got this several years ago for $99 as an auto delivery from the TSV, with a toggle clasp, and citrine heart dangle. This has a smaller lobster clasp and no dangle. So, they've cut down on the cost and more than tripled the price. It's a beautiful bracelet, but I don't feel it's worth $323.

For me, her items have become either cost prohibitive or just not worth what they are charging. Also, as someone else said, I have seen her items going on clearance very shortly after they debuted, which also makes me reluctant to buy anything that isn't a TSV, OTO or on clearance.

As others said, her prices will increase to whatever the market will bear... and what we continue to pay.

Super Contributor

I could afford it if I could just justify it and sleep at night. I refuse to pay her prices. Does she forget her work at the Q is still in sterling silver with simulated stones often ???

I don't know how she sleeps at night. Her prices are now ridiculous. Avarice !

Super Contributor

On 3/20/2014 ennui1 said:
On 3/19/2014 JB said:

As long as people are buying it the prices will continue to go up.

And people are buying! There's a topic by someone who actually ordered that apatite cuff! $1,094! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

GULP, WOW!! That is the only thing I like but would NEVER consider buying at that price even though they give free S&H and 5 easy pays, LOL!!

This same topic comes up every time she's here and people buy and she comes back with even crazier prices.

Not me, I'll just be watching not buying.