Honored Contributor

Re: How about some NEW jewelry designers?

@KKlim wrote:
I remember Ann King. I could not figure why she was gone too. She was a wonderful designer. What creative juices between her and her husband..

....and Barry Cord and Michael Dawkins, etc. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like some of the new Burmese jade jewelry....

Honored Contributor

I'm hoping it was the choice of the designers to leave. There were most likely impossible demands re: price points and wanting duplicates of designs. That leaves no creative freedom for the artist/jeweler.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus

Alot of stuff was overpriced, underbought and redundant.  

Honored Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

@Shanus

Alot of stuff was overpriced, underbought and redundant.  

IMO as a jeweler, you can't expect new, exciting different designs without being willing to pay the prices.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Like Lagos or up and coming contemporary jewelry designers.  If you go through Neiman Marcus you see so many jewelry designers.  Even Macys has designers.  We need some new, FRESH, jewelry designers.  Come on Q, deliver!!  Cat Wink

You find many designers on other channels, different websites etc.  Why does Q have to change when you can get jewelry elsewhere.  I truly believe you would pay more for the  pieces on Q.  Even Amazon has jewelry.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

Like Lagos or up and coming contemporary jewelry designers.  If you go through Neiman Marcus you see so many jewelry designers.  Even Macys has designers.  We need some new, FRESH, jewelry designers.  Come on Q, deliver!!  Cat Wink

You find many designers on other channels, different websites etc.  Why does Q have to change when you can get jewelry elsewhere.  I truly believe you would pay more for the  pieces on Q.  Even Amazon has jewelry.

What I can't make, I do purchase elsewhere.  

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I'm hoping it was the choice of the designers to leave. There were most likely impossible demands re: price points and wanting duplicates of designs. That leaves no creative freedom for the artist/jeweler.

I think the biggest demand is always quantity.  I remember the old QVC jewelry shows when a designer came on with a couple of hundred pieces and they sold out immediately.

That's why someone like Judith Ripka survived.  She was able to bring them a quantity of her jewelry line.

Good designers don't work in quantity but in quality.

Honored Contributor

@newlook456 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I think the biggest demand is always quantity.  I remember the old QVC jewelry shows when a designer came on with a couple of hundred pieces and they sold out immediately.

That's why someone like Judith Ripka survived.  She was able to bring them a quantity of her jewelry line.

Good designers don't work in quantity but in quality.

I would bet there are many who would pay for high quality jewelry that is not made thousands at a time....There's something to be said about not seeing your piece everywhere. Maybe you'd purchase 1or 2 pieces a year instead of a handful of junk offered now.