Super Contributor

Re: Have you ever not bought a piece of jewelry and for years after... STILL THINK ABOUT IT?

On 2/1/2014 motherinlaw said:

Yes...an Imperial Gold tri-color bracelet. Wide and with a chevron design.
Did eventually get the not so wide one but that wide one was really something! Just couldn't swing it at the time even with gold prices from back then.

Last time I was in Hawaii, I found a 14k and Jade bangle bracelet. I knew that was the one but my husband insisted we couldn't do it. Since I knew we would not be returning for years and then some....I purchased it with the additional fun money given to me by my children for the trip and so glad I did. That would have been "the one that got away" if I had not just grabbed the bull by the horns and did it. I love it to this day! Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do! Smiley Happy

Oh, I love that story! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

Re: Have you ever not bought a piece of jewelry and for years after... STILL THINK ABOUT IT?

Back in the mid-90's, I bought a large dome white gold ring with diamond cut stars in it, from QVC. I had some unexpected expenses and decided to return it. I've regretted it ever since, and constantly look for something similar.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Well, kind of. I've been wanting a heavy gram weight (maybe about 20 grams)yellow gold byzantine necklace in 16" for several years now. Every once in a while I'll see the perfect one, but usually it's so expensive that I just don't buy it. I did buy a gold plated one. One day I'm going to find that perfect gold byzantine necklace at just the right time and I'm finally going to get it.

Occasional Contributor

Over thirty years ago I saw a pair of earrings in a little store just alongside the King David hotel in Jerusalem. They were gold with small pearls on the end of them and they were for pierced ears (which at the time I did not have). The price of the earrings was just too high for me and I settled for a pair of silver earrings, again for pierced ears. I had my ears pierced as soon as came home. I kept thinking about those gold ones and when I had the chance to go back to Jerusalem two years later, the store was no longer there.

I can still see those earrings in my minds eye and wish I could have bought them. I rarely wear the silver ones I settled for, sort of second best never stood the test.

Occasional Contributor

Over thirty years ago I saw a pair of earrings in a little store just alongside the King David hotel in Jerusalem. They were gold with small pearls on the end of them and they were for pierced ears (which at the time I did not have). The price of the earrings was just too high for me and I settled for a pair of silver earrings, again for pierced ears. I had my ears pierced as soon as came home. I kept thinking about those gold ones and when I had the chance to go back to Jerusalem two years later, the store was no longer there.

I can still see those earrings in my minds eye and wish I could have bought them. I rarely wear the silver ones I settled for, sort of second best never stood the test.

Esteemed Contributor

does something that I bought and returned count? years ago when Michael Sheinman was the darling of ShopNBC with his 18K gold line of jewelry (18K Elegance) I bought a beautiful 18k bracelet. it was called a Greek ribbon pattern, with yellow and white gold links. it was around 36 grams of gold and about $600. it was so beautiful but about the same time that it arrived we had an unexpected issue come up that was going to cost us about the same amount that I paid for the bracelet. I returned the bracelet for a refund and have regretted it ever since. ShopNBC no longer sells that line of jewelry and I have never seen it anywhere else. since the cost of gold has become so astronomically high I can't imagine what it would cost now.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Super Contributor

I wish so much that while gold was a reasonable price that I had purchased a heavy chain necklace. I kept thinking oh, I'll get one sometime and now the price is astronomical for what I want. I am very grateful that I bought the pieces that I did buy during the 80s and 90s.
Frequent Contributor

A few years ago I bought at TJ Maxx, a pair of amethyst earrings that were also sold by QVC. If anyone has these I'd gladly buy them.

They were total weight 16 carats, amethyst pear shape, they looked like dangly but weren't. There was a 14 kt gold wire going around the pear and up forming the ear wire.

If I could at least find a picture I'd have them made-I loved them that much and amethyst is my birthstone.

If you know the ones I mean and want to sell them I'll GLADLY buy them.

Respected Contributor

14 yrs. ago we took a cruise to Alaska and I was eyeing some gold in quartz inlay jewelry (specifically a pendant and ring). Since it was our honeymoon, we'd gone overboard (so to speak!) Wink on a suite cabin, shore excursions and bar bill {#emotions_dlg.scared} {#emotions_dlg.laugh} and I passed. You just reminded me, LOL.

Denise
Respected Contributor

Years ago I did not buy a few good pieces on clearance or promotion prices. Such as Padparascha sapphire band ring, Carlo Vianni 18K ruby/diamonds heavy ring for only $599(I as saw it later in Lord&Taylor for $4,000.), then another ruby bow tie 18k ring, some heavy Italian bracelets in 18 k on clearance sales and few others missed things.