Trusted Contributor
On 3/4/2015 Sakuya said: I don't believe the increase in silver cost has gone up 400%, has it? I know prices increase but the new price of over $400 is a bit much. It is a very pretty bracelet but I am not willing to pay that price for it. There was a time I wouldn't care but I'm trying to make better decisions and not get sucked in. I do like the colors of the stones and it is a very springy, fun bracelet.

I agree. JR's prices are excessive. $99 isn't bad. I would have purchased it right now if it was available at that price.

Regular Contributor

I actually prefer the new design over the former, but I will not pay $300-400 for new items unless they are something very very special or unique...I have iconic JR2 cuffs, the my favorite 2 are "The Newport" that I paid that around $400 - $500 for elsewhere; they have gold and diamond accents and are treasures to me. They were worth every $ I paid for them!!!

I still am an devoted Ripkanista but this is the perspective that keeps me from the BGB these days...just my 2 cents!

Valued Contributor
On 3/4/2015 judyakm said:

I actually prefer the new design over the former, but I will not pay $300-400 for new items unless they are something very very special or unique...I have iconic JR2 cuffs, the my favorite 2 are "The Newport" that I paid that around $400 - $500 for elsewhere; they have gold and diamond accents and are treasures to me. They were worth every $ I paid for them!!!

I still am an devoted Ripkanista but this is the perspective that keeps me from the BGB these days...just my 2 cents!

I am with you Judy.....add up a few of her pieces and I could go to Europe for a week!! It all boils down to how much you love and wear a piece. As you said, it's worth every dime. If we buy just to buy and admire it in a jewelry box, we need an intervention and I did a few years ago. Not only with JR but with couture Bixby. I've liquidated all of it save a few JR2 pieces and I've just bought the oval Black spinel clearance watch which is stunning. I'll watch her shows when I can but I will have to sit on my hands!!! Take care.
Trusted Contributor

Judith mentions this bracelet in her recent Blog:

http://community.qvc.com/blogs/judith-ripka/topic/495838/unmistakably-judith-march-edition.aspx

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Esteemed Contributor

Even if they knocked $100 off the current $400+ price tag, the price increase is obscene on this item.

Don't be fooled by comparing pics of the original to the current design -- thinking that the newer/current version has superior stones. The stones in my original bracelet are just as vibrant as in the current picture.

At least I'm glad she's bringing back some of her 'vintage' designs for those who want the opportunity to purchase them.