Esteemed Contributor

Has something changed with Relios?

I am trying to contact Relios via phone but it directs back to CP.  I know it's the same company; do they now share a phone #?

Honored Contributor

Re: Has something changed with Relios?

@patbz.  I've had a feeling for a long time that they were struggling financially.  The popularity of jewelry, Southwestern in particular, has waned considerably.  I wonder if they've shut down part of their operation?  Perhaps they're going to retire?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 : Those are my thoughts as well (would explain the huge ongoing sales...

Honored Contributor

@patbz  and @Kachina624 - The holiday sale was amazing. Almost everything was on sale, well actually everything WAS! I too wondered what is going on. I haven't seen Carolyn with a TSV for a while, and she has not had many new AW products. I'm a huge fan too, but I've been dipping my toe slightly in other lines, I hope they're not phasing out, but I think you're right @Kachina624 - the popularity of AW pieces is not what it once was. Smiley Sad

I started collecting when my dad made many trips to the Southwest when I was young and brought me back some beautiful pieces. Then later we lived in Texas. DH still gets me special pieces too. DD is not that interested. DH brought her back a fetish necklace when she was young and he had a trip to Arizona for a conference. It hangs on her mirror. I've told her I'm going to "borrow" it one of these days. I don't have one, and I'm sure she won't mind. She's not a fan of SW jewelry, but she loves that necklace because her dad gave it to her!

I do still see individual artists with beautiful pieces at some craft fairs I attend. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom :  I grew up in MD and got interested in NA jewelry on family trips (Dad bought Mom several squash blossoms, fetish necklaces and statement cuffs).  I inherited them and then moved to AZ and son to NM. I still buy statement pieces from CP and also in NM.  Had to take advantage of CP sales but it may be too good to last.

Honored Contributor

@patbz.  I'm no longer buying.  I've got a large jewelry box with just CP jewelry that I can hardly lift.  Many pieces have never been worn.  I don't need more.   I've always preferred old or new NA-made jewelry over what CP makes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I picked up several items as I thought it has been a terrific sale.  I actually love the southwest pieces more as I get older.  They fit into my casual retired lifestyle.  Her jewelry is well-made and also I  like buying from an American company.  Also, I like that they will fix your jewelry for a reasonable price, if you need that for some reason.  They are almost the only company that still does that.  I don't drive, so I  can't get to a jewelry store very easily.  Kachina624, sounds like you have a nice collection since you have a jewelry box of CP.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

By the way, I looked up Relios on the computer and it says something about their moving or relocating.  Maybe that's why they sent the poster above to a C Pollack phone number, as Relios is in the middle of moving.

Esteemed Contributor

@patbz - Carolyn Pollack has consolidated Relios, the Carolyn Pollack line, and the American West line under the same management now, so many aspects of customer service are shared. (For example, everything is now shipped from, gets returned to, and has repairs made at the same location in Albuquerque, regardless of the brand.) There are still distinct designs and styles for each brand, and the CP and AW lines have separate websites. Relios no longer has its own site and appears to have simply become the "parent company" for all of Carolyn's ventures at this time.

@beach-mom - When she was presenting on Veterans Day, Carolyn noted that she wouldn't be back until February so she could enjoy the holidays with her family and work on her designs. We may see her earlier in the month, but it is very likely that she won't return until Presidents Day.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@beach-mom - When she was presenting on Veterans Day, Carolyn noted that she wouldn't be back until February so she could enjoy the holidays with her family and work on her designs. We may see her earlier in the month, but it is very likely that she won't return until Presidents Day.

Thanks @loriqvc for explaining! I will look forward to her February visit. Do you have any idea why she's having such a big sale on her website? Maybe she's just clearing out inventory for new designs (?)