Esteemed Contributor
Since the sale of the company should customers be concerned that the level of quality will go down? My concern stems from the fact that I received 6 items yesterday and not a floral storage pouch among them. The boxes were flimsy black cardboard instead of the trademark green boxes. My daughter also received 2 items packaged the same way and minus the pouches. Honora items always came packaged nicely, pouch included, and were suitable for gift giving. If the packaging is cheaper, and the pouch is gone, am I to believe that the product is still good quality? I am very concerned that the quality has gone down too. All of my purchases are gifts, therefore, I don't want to give something that may fall apart. Does anyone have any information on the quality issue? TIA
Valued Contributor

I ordered a pair of earring just the other day and they came in the Green Box, but no pouch.However I ordered extra pearls that went with the earrings and they came in the satin pouch..The Earrings were beautiful...no complaints here.

Honored Contributor
Since everything Honora sells is flawed, poor quality pearls, it's ironic someone would worry about the packaging. Perhaps the pouch was the best part of the purchase?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Maybe they've gone down-market. Remember, they're now sold online at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Regular Contributor
Alexa, did you get the magnetic earrings? I did and love them! They change out so easily, and are so beautiful. Glad I splurged.
Honored Contributor
On 9/18/2014 kachina624 said: Since everything Honora sells is flawed, poor quality pearls, it's ironic someone would worry about the packaging. Perhaps the pouch was the best part of the purchase?

Honora has a lot of different price points for their pearls.

Cindy McCain wore two 32 inch strands at the convention where her DH was nominated. They were large white pearls in 14K chains - the Chanel look. The salespeople showed them to me at their store back when the convention was going on. They were many thousands of dollars EACH! And that was 5 or 6 years ago!

Super Contributor

I don't know if all of you were here and remember a few years ago when QVC tried to switch several name brand jewelry lines, including Honora, over to generic QVC boxes. After quite the negative reception by customers, they went back to the branded packaging. This could be another attempt by Q to reduce (packaging) costs. The shipping on these was only $3 each, compared to the normal $5-$7 range. And the necklace price was pretty phenomenal.

Depending on where I've purchased them, the packaging is all different. I think Q is the only retailer where I've gotten that embroidered satin pouch. Kohl's usually has a white leather/vinyl pouch, Rue La La will have black leather/vinyl pouches, then Rue uses their own branded, satin lined boxes. (QVC has had the black leather pouches, too, as well as from Honora direct.) I don't remember any special packaging when I ordered online from Amazon and Helzberg Diamonds, but that could be my memory's fault.

Honored Contributor
On 9/18/2014 kachina624 said: Since everything Honora sells is flawed, poor quality pearls, it's ironic someone would worry about the packaging. Perhaps the pouch was the best part of the purchase?

i agree. just because they say Honora on them does not make them quality. The stuff brought to QVC is junk - and high priced junk at that. But as long as people will buy it QVC and Joel Schecter will continue to sell it and laugh all the way to the bank.

Trusted Contributor

I ordered two of the new 60" strands of colored pearls that debuted the same day as the TSV. They both came in the traditional green boxes and pouches. I do find the pouches convenient. But if they wanted to package them in plastic bags and QVC boxes and lower the price about $5, I don't think I would complain. However, more likely they would just keep the extra profit rather than passing the savings on to us.

Honored Contributor

I got this ring (J296984) today and it is just perfect and I love it! Came in a Honora zip pouch in a box!